Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Can't believe this is real!!!

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by Glock23gp, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Glock23gp

Glock23gp Newport / Salem Active Member

2. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

Mark another one down to never do business with.

3. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Either they are a decimal point off, they actually mean multiple bricks instead of one, or they totally got the wrong price. Even at inflated prices that is way too much.

4. The Heretic

I am sure that in some way this is a mistake.

Okay, wait, maybe not.

Look at the prices of their 50 round boxes for 22 LR - $15.99 each

I take it back - these guys are scalpers of the worst kind.

5. sapper77

sapper77 Linn County Active Member

I sent them an email asking them what the real price was? Their response will be more for my entertainment than anything.

6. Dallas Ken

Dallas Ken Dallas Or. Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

DANG, NOT BAD... Maybe a dozen or so of us could all chip in and buy a brick. Then we could divvy it up into ten round packets and resell them for $4.50 a packet to all are shooting buddies on here.................and maybe leave town.

7. akmewon

akmewon clackamas Active Member

heres a post from the owner

James replied this on ar15.com about the price gouging:

"yes, I still own all three. But like the 22's .it is all for sale. I buy most all the Ammo. I decide if it goes into the stores or not. I set the pricing. I do not bring the 22's into the stores. Hoping not to enrage customers knowing people will pay more around the country. I do not owe anybody anything. If you think you can set the price of my products. Then bring your guns and ammo in to one of my stores. Then I will place a price on your goods. (Not caring what you paid or what is worth to you.) and you will sell it. No person has the right to tell me what I can sell my wares for. If you think that my business owes you something, you are deranged. It is unlikely I will post again. I rarley go onto any gun forums. It is mostly the same crap. I use to pay $400 per month to be an "industry partner" but no more. I have over 30 pallets of ammo in my warehouse.I paid too much fo it. At the time it seemed like a good deal, but I was wrong. Do you see me writing a thread about I can not sell the product for %90 of cost. No, you win some you lose some. One of my employees thought that Draco pistols for $850 cost was a good deal. So good in fact he bought 20. Not with his $ but mine. I think we sold most of them between $450-$550. How many thousands did I lose on that deal?. Did I write a thread? Did I fire him? No, I lost $. Was not the 1st time. Will not be the last. To all my loyal customers Thanks. I have worked hard for many years to bring quality products at fair prices. Most of the time I can beat Walmart prices. The market is very strong on 22's right now. I sell it at market prices. Chester is right. I would lower the price if people would stop buying it. They have not. I just sold most of my 22's to Ruger. I knew there was a shortage of 22's. But when Ruger placed an order and bought all we had in stock at our retail price. (I did take of 2% since they wrote a check) that really put the 22 market in perspective. To those of you lashing out at me. Well, sorry I disappoint you. Guys open gun stores all the time. They take 1, 2, $300,000.00 or more and turn it into less. The water is warm, jump on in. I have been in this game a while. I will leave on my terms. Despite how many 100's or thousands of negative threads. I believe like it Hollywood, there is no bad publicity. Thanks, God Bless. Go Hawks!
    "
    Pretty sad "I don't owe anybody anything" comment.

8. Glock23gp

Glock23gp Newport / Salem Active Member

Wow...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

9. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

DOH! at least I didn't get rickrolled.

10. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I needed a good laugh.

11. sapper77

sapper77 Linn County Active Member

A lot of people are on ARFCOM and now most of them will see his thread. I'm sure after his little rant he will loose a lot of business. I know he said he didnt really care what people think or say, but he will when it drastically effects his business. As a business owner you would think he would have at least read over his comment before he posted it for spelling and grammer mistakes.

12. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

What a Dbag.
    Lmao. He needs better "buyers" in his business.
    I find deals all the time (but only lack capitol) and could easily make 20-40% above cost reselling and earning that Dbag money and still have the purchased product the lower priced items in town.
    Same with "trending" products.. Whatll be popular and whats dying off.

But alas, I have a soul.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  13. The Heretic

If he bought rimfire ammo at a price where he needs to sell it at $16 per 50, then yeah, he won't be in business long.

Not when discount stores are selling a brick 500 for $30 or less - that is $3 (or less) for 50, less than a fifth of what he is asking.

So I really doubt he is meeting Walmarts prices.

14. broncman

broncman E. of Portland yet to close! Quality Control!

Yip, UPS just delivered my Federal Champion 525 box that I got from Cabelas for $29.94 to my door. Cabelas Price is $23.99 this Peter Puffers price is $159.99 that is a 660% mark up fron Cabelas price.

This statement says it all.
    " I do not bring the 22's into the stores. Hoping not to enrage customers knowing people will pay more around the country. "
    Loose translation =
    I will just leave my store shelves empty of 22's cause I would loose all my customers if I put on the shelf at my online price, so I sell at 600%+ mark up online so that I don't have to look into your eye as I cheat YOU.

Exactly why I will not purchase any SAA AR-15 lowers/uppers/rifles used or new.

15. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

maybe I can sell them a couple boxes at $100 each, they would still be making a good profit :rofl1:

16. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Like I would take business advice from anyone who's obviously that bad at his.

17. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

When Surplus Arms & Ammo raised the his prices he lost business from several at my range and I continue to tell people not to use his shops. I have been in a couple of times hoping ammo prices would have changed. No joy there. When he stops the gouging the 22 ammo prices I would like to go back, But he has to change to meet my requirements.

18. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

And.... I don't own this modern day mob thug one dime either. I will tell my friends and family too.

19. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Last year I payed $169.95 for a whole CASE shipped to my front door (no I won't sell any of it) so this guy is a total dbag asking $159 for only 1 box.

20. cityrice

cityrice vancouver wa Active Member

Link doesn't work anymore i think they pulled it down? :confused: