JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DANG, NOT BAD... Maybe a dozen or so of us could all chip in and buy a brick. Then we could divvy it up into ten round packets and resell them for $4.50 a packet to all are shooting buddies on here.................and maybe leave town.

heres a post from the owner

James replied this on ar15.com about the price gouging:

"yes, I still own all three. But like the 22's .it is all for sale. I buy most all the Ammo. I decide if it goes into the stores or not. I set the pricing. I do not bring the 22's into the stores. Hoping not to enrage customers knowing people will pay more around the country. I do not owe anybody anything. If you think you can set the price of my products. Then bring your guns and ammo in to one of my stores. Then I will place a price on your goods. (Not caring what you paid or what is worth to you.) and you will sell it. No person has the right to tell me what I can sell my wares for. If you think that my business owes you something, you are deranged. It is unlikely I will post again. I rarley go onto any gun forums. It is mostly the same crap. I use to pay $400 per month to be an "industry partner" but no more. I have over 30 pallets of ammo in my warehouse.I paid too much fo it. At the time it seemed like a good deal, but I was wrong. Do you see me writing a thread about I can not sell the product for %90 of cost. No, you win some you lose some. One of my employees thought that Draco pistols for $850 cost was a good deal. So good in fact he bought 20. Not with his $ but mine. I think we sold most of them between $450-$550. How many thousands did I lose on that deal?. Did I write a thread? Did I fire him? No, I lost $. Was not the 1st time. Will not be the last. To all my loyal customers Thanks. I have worked hard for many years to bring quality products at fair prices. Most of the time I can beat Walmart prices. The market is very strong on 22's right now. I sell it at market prices. Chester is right. I would lower the price if people would stop buying it. They have not. I just sold most of my 22's to Ruger. I knew there was a shortage of 22's. But when Ruger placed an order and bought all we had in stock at our retail price. (I did take of 2% since they wrote a check) that really put the 22 market in perspective. To those of you lashing out at me. Well, sorry I disappoint you. Guys open gun stores all the time. They take 1, 2, $300,000.00 or more and turn it into less. The water is warm, jump on in. I have been in this game a while. I will leave on my terms. Despite how many 100's or thousands of negative threads. I believe like it Hollywood, there is no bad publicity. Thanks, God Bless. Go Hawks!
"
Pretty sad "I don't owe anybody anything" comment.

heres a post from the owner

James replied this on ar15.com about the price gouging:

"yes, I still own all three. But like the 22's .it is all for sale. I buy most all the Ammo. I decide if it goes into the stores or not. I set the pricing. I do not bring the 22's into the stores. Hoping not to enrage customers knowing people will pay more around the country. I do not owe anybody anything. If you think you can set the price of my products. Then bring your guns and ammo in to one of my stores. Then I will place a price on your goods. (Not caring what you paid or what is worth to you.) and you will sell it. No person has the right to tell me what I can sell my wares for. If you think that my business owes you something, you are deranged. It is unlikely I will post again. I rarley go onto any gun forums. It is mostly the same crap. I use to pay $400 per month to be an "industry partner" but no more. I have over 30 pallets of ammo in my warehouse.I paid too much fo it. At the time it seemed like a good deal, but I was wrong. Do you see me writing a thread about I can not sell the product for %90 of cost. No, you win some you lose some. One of my employees thought that Draco pistols for $850 cost was a good deal. So good in fact he bought 20. Not with his $ but mine. I think we sold most of them between $450-$550. How many thousands did I lose on that deal?. Did I write a thread? Did I fire him? No, I lost $. Was not the 1st time. Will not be the last. To all my loyal customers Thanks. I have worked hard for many years to bring quality products at fair prices. Most of the time I can beat Walmart prices. The market is very strong on 22's right now. I sell it at market prices. Chester is right. I would lower the price if people would stop buying it. They have not. I just sold most of my 22's to Ruger. I knew there was a shortage of 22's. But when Ruger placed an order and bought all we had in stock at our retail price. (I did take of 2% since they wrote a check) that really put the 22 market in perspective. To those of you lashing out at me. Well, sorry I disappoint you. Guys open gun stores all the time. They take 1, 2, $300,000.00 or more and turn it into less. The water is warm, jump on in. I have been in this game a while. I will leave on my terms. Despite how many 100's or thousands of negative threads. I believe like it Hollywood, there is no bad publicity. Thanks, God Bless. Go Hawks!
"
Pretty sad "I don't owe anybody anything" comment.

A lot of people are on ARFCOM and now most of them will see his thread. I'm sure after his little rant he will loose a lot of business. I know he said he didnt really care what people think or say, but he will when it drastically effects his business. As a business owner you would think he would have at least read over his comment before he posted it for spelling and grammer mistakes.

What a Dbag.
Lmao. He needs better "buyers" in his business.
I find deals all the time (but only lack capitol) and could easily make 20-40% above cost reselling and earning that Dbag money and still have the purchased product the lower priced items in town.
Same with "trending" products.. Whatll be popular and whats dying off.

But alas, I have a soul.

If he bought rimfire ammo at a price where he needs to sell it at $16 per 50, then yeah, he won't be in business long.

Not when discount stores are selling a brick 500 for $30 or less - that is $3 (or less) for 50, less than a fifth of what he is asking.

So I really doubt he is meeting Walmarts prices.

Yip, UPS just delivered my Federal Champion 525 box that I got from Cabelas for $29.94 to my door. Cabelas Price is $23.99 this Peter Puffers price is $159.99 that is a 660% mark up fron Cabelas price.

This statement says it all.
" I do not bring the 22's into the stores. Hoping not to enrage customers knowing people will pay more around the country. "
Loose translation =
I will just leave my store shelves empty of 22's cause I would loose all my customers if I put on the shelf at my online price, so I sell at 600%+ mark up online so that I don't have to look into your eye as I cheat YOU.

Exactly why I will not purchase any SAA AR-15 lowers/uppers/rifles used or new.

When Surplus Arms & Ammo raised the his prices he lost business from several at my range and I continue to tell people not to use his shops. I have been in a couple of times hoping ammo prices would have changed. No joy there. When he stops the gouging the 22 ammo prices I would like to go back, But he has to change to meet my requirements.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top