Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cannon's new safe combo electronic and dial - No EMP or Solar flare worries? Advice ?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by billcoe, May 10, 2013.

1. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Has anyone used, tested or have any info on the new Cannon safe combination? They call it the EMP keypad. It combines the electronic keypad for speedy entry with a traditional manual dial spinning lock so that if the electronics dies in the next biblical flood or whatever you can access your safe. All in a single unit. (photo below).

emp2.png

It looks like the shizz to me, anyone have any testing or unbiased info? Any info you'd want to share on Cannon in particular. I know that everyone seems to think American Security is the best, but I can assure you, the lock on the comparable Amsec looks and feels like a light plastic toy. I asked the safe guy about it and he said that model is made overseas by Amsec. I was like ??!! Huh??!! So I'm thinking Cannon, love the lock. So far.

Your thoughts?

2. broncman

broncman E. of Portland yet to close! Quality Control!

I wantto retofit my Cannon Safe with this lock but Cannon never responed back when I asked about it. May have to call again.

3. BillCh

BillCh Vancouver Active Member

My advice is to call some different locksmiths and ask their opinions on locks - not safes.
    I had my AmSec safe fitted with a lock that was not offered by AmSec but recommended buy several locksmiths. The only electric lock I seriously considered in the end had a self generating power supply, used by DoD and others, where access had to be there under any circumstances. I don't recall the name but the $700+ cost put it out of consideration.

B