JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone used, tested or have any info on the new Cannon safe combination? They call it the EMP keypad. It combines the electronic keypad for speedy entry with a traditional manual dial spinning lock so that if the electronics dies in the next biblical flood or whatever you can access your safe. All in a single unit. (photo below).

emp2.png

It looks like the shizz to me, anyone have any testing or unbiased info? Any info you'd want to share on Cannon in particular. I know that everyone seems to think American Security is the best, but I can assure you, the lock on the comparable Amsec looks and feels like a light plastic toy. I asked the safe guy about it and he said that model is made overseas by Amsec. I was like ??!! Huh??!! So I'm thinking Cannon, love the lock. So far.

Your thoughts?

My advice is to call some different locksmiths and ask their opinions on locks - not safes.
I had my AmSec safe fitted with a lock that was not offered by AmSec but recommended buy several locksmiths. The only electric lock I seriously considered in the end had a self generating power supply, used by DoD and others, where access had to be there under any circumstances. I don't recall the name but the $700+ cost put it out of consideration.

B

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads