JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed. I have seen what painkillers (like Vicodin/et. al.) do to people who abuse them - it isn't pretty.
I, unfortunately have lived it both 1st hand (military injuries), 2nd hand (wife w/ multiple serious medical catastrophes, ex wife full blown addict w/ no excuse) and 3rd hand several thousand addicts due to job requirements. I loathe the stuff. Id give my soul if someone had a better way. For many, marijuana is that way. Frankly, I wish it worked for me, but it doesnt. As far as recreational use goes.....man weve got much bigger fish to fry. I like 7 and 7. Someone else likes a joint. So what? I think we can all get along.

I'm still not confident in the method used to determine impairment. From what I understand, it's a measure of THC in a persons system. My understanding is that you can test positive, even if it's been days or even weeks since you last smoked or ingested it. There is also the issue of observation for impairment, but let's face it, that method is completely subjective and becomes one persons word against another.

Right now, a person who can legally smoke medical marijuana could, at any time, be arrested for DUI even though they had not smoked pot for a day or so, and were not impaired in any way.

I'm still not confident in the method used to determine impairment. From what I understand, it's a measure of THC in a persons system. My understanding is that you can test positive, even if it's been days or even weeks since you last smoked or ingested it. There is also the issue of observation for impairment, but let's face it, that method is completely subjective and becomes one persons word against another.

Right now, a person who can legally smoke medical marijuana could, at any time, be arrested for DUI even though they had not smoked pot for a day or so, and were not impaired in any way.

The method used to determine impairment is bullbubblegum.

the war on drugs isn't working. its time to try something else.

ask yourself when was the last time that one distillery blew up another over whiskey?

That is about the biggest joke. There is no money if they win that supposed war. Just like a cure for aids or cancer. There is more money in research or the fight.

come on, legalizing pot will increase illegal activity? i think not. just like ending the Prohibition on alcohol increased organized crime's trade in illegal booze..... oh wait that's right, legal alcohol sales ended the mafia's reign over the substance. i suppose there's still those hillbillies on "Moonshiners" but something tells me Qwik -Marts and liquor stores do most of the alcohol sales in the US.

In summary, the alcohol war ended shortly after the prohibition ended.

Yes, the decline of prices of the commodity made it not worth it for illegal producers. Besides, the picture of pot heads running a crime ring seems seems likely only as a Cheech and Chong movie.

I find it interesting that Oregon will not allow a police officer to hold DPSST Police Certifications and a medical marijuana card at the same time however they will not restrict a DPSST Armed Security officer from having a Medical Marijuana card at the same time..

That is about the biggest joke. There is no money if they win that supposed war. Just like a cure for aids or cancer. There is more money in research or the fight.

This is so spot on. There is so much money flowing in this so-called war, it will never go away. Think about the militarization of our police, how every podunk, one-horse town has a SWAT team. It's all drug money. You think the boys in blue are just going to give up their urban assault vehicles, extra-neat-o tacticool weapons, and the chance to put on camo and kick in a door just because someone said marijuana isn't a priority anymore?

I don't know enough about the statistics of drug running, but I suspect that the majority of law enforcement resources aren't going into individual pot smokers. I would hope that they're more concerned with meth labs, and the organized cartels and gangs pushing white drugs.

And that's one of the conundrums with pot vs alcohol. We have standards for blood level that are accepted as indicating impairment, but we don't have the same thing for marijuana. Anyone subject to fitness for duty observation and testing is very much aware of this. Until there are better methods, many of us will just stay away from exposure to pot.

This is so spot on. There is so much money flowing in this so-called war, it will never go away. Think about the militarization of our police, how every podunk, one-horse town has a SWAT team. It's all drug money. You think the boys in blue are just going to give up their urban assault vehicles, extra-neat-o tacticool weapons, and the chance to put on camo and kick in a door just because someone said marijuana isn't a priority anymore?

Nor miss a chance to fill their BDU pockets with tasty green sticky bud at the same time! Chevy Chase said it best to Goldie Hawn in a movie whose name escapes me (not from weed I dont partake), " Cops have the best dope. " Come on you guys have all seen Super Troopers, you know how it works! Who is this John Chimpo fellow anyways?

And that's one of the conundrums with pot vs alcohol. We have standards for blood level that are accepted as indicating impairment, but we don't have the same thing for marijuana. Anyone subject to fitness for duty observation and testing is very much aware of this. Until there are better methods, many of us will just stay away from exposure to pot.

Since the sun is over the yard-arm, it's time to splice the main-brace! Merlot, please!

Nor miss a chance to fill their BDU pockets with tasty green sticky bud at the same time! Chevy Chase said it best to Goldie Hawn in a movie whose name escapes me (not from weed I dont partake), " Cops have the best dope. " Come on you guys have all seen Super Troopers, you know how it works! Who is this John Chimpo fellow anyways?

Awwww.... C'mon, those are comedy movies. Don't be going all a Cheech & Chong with your arguments and examples.

:s0114:

BTW - some marijuana growers are developing (through selective breeding) a form of marijuana that helps those who need it for medical purposes, but does not have the psychoactive ingredients mainstream marijuana has.

Google "medical marijuana without thc"

I am in constant pain due to a spinal trauma when I was a teenager. It is getting worse every year. Most of the time I can cope just using OTC painkillers. Maybe once a year I need to use a prescription painkiller. The last time I was pain free was after an outpatient hospital visit where they gave me an IV of morphine for a kidney stone (on a rating of zero to ten, the pain was a 7 - the worst pain I ever had).

I do not use recreational or illicit drugs (I don't use marijuana at all).

So I don't have a dog in this race except for the fact that the so called "war on drugs" is a war on our rights, on multiple fronts. The more free others are, the more free I and my family are.

Wait until you can't get your prescription drug of choice paid for by obammycare. There are drugs for cancer and MS that will not be covered under the current policies. I know my wifes MS drug is not. Not sure in a year when the business mandates take effect how we will afford 4000 every 3 months just for that pill, Especially when we retire. SO was this sold as healthcare insurance limits or healthcare from your doctor limits. So much for that preexisting BS that was sold to us. You can google it for more info.

You can keep your doctor
You can keep your insurance
You can keep your prescription drugs

NOT NOT NOT

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show