JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$78? For 15 servings? That seems a bit steep, though I can't argue with 25g protein per serving.

30 year shelf life though over a few years for regular canned meat. I'm too lazy to rotate through canned meat. I have a couple of #10 cans of mountainhouse meats with probably ~30 other #10 cans of their meals, veggies, rice, pasta, potatoes, etc that I've slowly accumulated over the years. I get a random mountainhouse can from amazon every 3 months and add it to the pile.

oh and its only $43 on amazon.

for storage? Freeze dried.

This makes freeze dried foods a lot cheaper. About $1800 from Harvest Right. It's completely computerized. Store the dried product in mylar bags or glass canning jars for years. My wife just got it last week or so. It's going to mean that we can get rid of one big chest freezer. She's done meat, veggies, yogurt, pulled pork with BBQ sauce. All of it comes out delicious.

For folks looking for various flavors of Spam, give Walmart a look see.

The Bacon & Jalepeno flavor are favorites in our house.

Mind that we're not Walmart fans by any means, but will shop there for value and some hard to finds, for us.

Also, some Walmart stores have a long term storage foods section. Better prices can be found online, but gives the option to try before having stuff shipped in.

I buy all my canned meats from Meyers under the brand name of Toads.

Here is one of their ads:

For folks looking for various flavors of Spam, give Walmart a look see.

The Bacon & Jalepeno flavor are favorites in our house.

Mind that we're not Walmart fans by any means, but will shop there for value and some hard to finds, for us.

Also, some Walmart stores have a long term storage foods section. Better prices can be found online, but gives the option to try before having stuff shipped in.
Ever seen pictures of Spam on the store shelves in Hawaii? 20' of flavors top to bottom of various kinds of Spam. Hawaiians eat something like 85% of all Spam sold.

Ever seen pictures of Spam on the store shelves in Hawaii? 20' of flavors top to bottom of various kinds of Spam. Hawaiians eat something like 85% of all Spam sold.

It's a Pacific Islander thing. An older Guamanian guy at work says its because alot of them grew up without refrigeration, so meat out of a can was a staple.

Other than the occasional TF sandwich, I'm good on canned meat. My mom used to eat those nasty little Vienna sausages in gelatinous goo, makes me nauseous thinking about it.

We keep some and I put them on my salad. Wife looks at me with a special kind of disgust. Hey, it is good, even if she does not appreciate the salty shenanigans. :s0112:

I always put a few anchovies on my Caesar salad. My GF likes anchovies as well but she doesn't care for spam. I have some unopened cans of spam with a few cans of chicken noodle soup and granola bars as part of my bug out bag.

Anchovies mixed in while making really brighten the flavor of spaghetti sauce.

I also like to top my spaghetti with blue cheese crumbles.

Bland food?

Not for me.

I'm gonna try that bacon and jalapeno spam too. Sounds odd, but good.

I love high-end stores like Orvis and others, but I also like Walmart. You can buy the same products that other stores carry...for less. Why pay more? Fear? The other shoppers in there aren't all walruses or toothless Simpson hick characters either. A few, but not all by any means...

Plus, Walmart hires a boatload of other-wise unemployable folks, like geezers and the handicapped. Walmart gets an attaboy from me.

Interesting that this came up...
About 0300 this very morning I had a hankering for a tuna salad sandwich and it appeared that I was on my own to make it. (Tuna, mayo, Famous Dave's spicy pickles, The End).
The cupboard was bare.
My SHTF stash-site was bare.
Somebody around here has a different definition of "rotate" than I do.

USUALLY there SHOULD be:
Canned tuna
Canned chicken
Deviled ham/Spam
Canned ham
Whatever MRE "meat" I have down there.
Also some random freeze-dried meats that came in various "emergency rations" bulk deals I've purchased... when the grid goes down it'll be Chef's Surprise for a few days :p

I don't much like the "3-meals/day" approach a lot of the prepper companies push. If it's truly an emergency I dont much care if have brown sugar and cinnamon crumble oatmeal for breakfast... in fact, I don't really care in what order my meals are at all as witnessed by my opening paragraph in this very post.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top