JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The comments there crack me up. I mean if you are eating this stuff because SHTF, then i think a little to much salt or nitraits in your diet would be the last things to worry about. :rolleyes:

oh, Sardines and RED salmon. Pink = cat food..:p But I guess if pink is what you have you should eat it before you eat the cat.

A little of everything:

• Canned corn beef. (Various)
  • Tuna
  • Spam
  • Sardines
  • Beef and chicken broth
  • Canned ham (Dak and the cheap stuff)
  • Soups with meat in them
  • Canned chicken (whole and parts)
  • Potted meats
  • Dried / canned squid
  • Canned octopus
  • Canned bacon
  • Canned salmon
  • Canned mackerel
  • Liver pâté
  • Not meat, but canned soft cheese and butter (Bega and Red Feather, respectively)
And a bunch I'm sure I'm missing. We live out of town, have two adults and two growing children, so better to have it and not need it ...

I try to keep stuff we might actually eat so I can rotate it.

I would like to add some stuff I can keep and then just toss if needed - spam is a little spendy but I'm guessing there is something out there.

I read somewhere (it might have been Remus' WPR a couple weeks ago) that the current SPAM is a pale imitation, flavor-wise, of its old self. I need to find it because he suggested an alternative that was much tastier, in his opinion.

I tried SPAM early this year. There were fond memories of it from childhood, but it smelled and tasted like dog food. That wasn't what I remembered.

I was very impressed with the Kirkland canned-chunked chicken breast. Boil some pasta noodles, add a jar of Ragu (or equal) Alfredo sauce with a little butter sauteed onions. Damn fine quick meal, you'd be so fortunate have during SHTF.

She acculay did a canned pasta meat sauce that was one of the best rhing ive ever eaten. I could eat that bubblegum like soup by the gallon ... But aprently that was "a pain in the bubblegum and a mess. Im not doing that ever again" ... Pushhh wemen right

for storage? Freeze dried.

$78? For 15 servings? That seems a bit steep, though I can't argue with 25g protein per serving.

I noticed spam now comes in a variety of flavors, does that really make a difference or does it still taste mostly like spam? And does, that very fatty texture change with the new (to me) flavors?

Not knocking it, curious though...

I noticed spam now comes in a variety of flavors, does that really make a difference or does it still taste mostly like spam? And does, that very fatty texture change with the new (to me) flavors?

Not knocking it, curious though...

The little I've tried it, yes, it does change a bit. Briefly there was a "cheese and spam" that, as the name would imply, was spam and cheddar cheese combined. For spam good stuff, but I can't find it anymore. Oh well.

No spam. Never spam. But ditto on Country Gent's list, plus home-canned chili. We rotate stock every other year. We also eat at it and rotate that way. We try to get fresh tuna in Newport every year but they seem to be dwindling. Chinese and Japanese have been raiding our fish from what we hear. Also....we "harvest" game. I can anything. Bags of organic short-grain brown rice. Beans. Canned fruit. Water. Be safe.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top