JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
11063801_966603266712761_3857305147696249593_n.jpg

Very clever, much like the can-racks in a fridge.

Only thing I'd change would be to raise the bottom of the lower rack and have box/tote stowage under it, so as to reduce the amount of bend-over to access the lower row of cans.

I've seen several of these designs, they were very popular in the 50's-60's they are all labor intensive to build but save a lot of space and automatically rotate your stock and makes inventory a breeze. I like this one as it is vertical, some are slanted and eat-up more floor space than needed. Lumber has sky rocketed since 2008 but you could probably have all your lumber cut/ripped to size and put this one together for under $200.
Of course then you'd not be able to afford the canned goods:(

Are you saying cut the number of runners in half too? I can't tell what size lumber was used there... the mental picture was have the cans stacked so they look something like the staggering of rounds in a Glock magazine.

You can get some nice Pallets to build with for free.:s0108: I am not 100% for sure but I think the Pallets with the letters ''HT'' on the side stand for Heat - Treated and are safe for Food use. Do not use the chemical treated Pallets !:s0002: I seen a guy in a Magazine article I read years ago build a nice house with large Motorcycle shipping Crates and big Pallets.:s0143: He used the free large sheets of styro-foam for insulation also, and it cost him an extra $ 10,000 for the other building supplies.:s0083: This was back in the 1990's, so of course would cost a lot more now, but , for some its do-able.

Not to "poo poo" the idea, but I recently read a book titled "Rust," that talked about corrosion of many things. The author went to "can school" at Ball, where a lot of cans are made, food, pop, beer, etc. and IIRC, can LIDS are sometimes not coated, and will fail in a few months if the cans are stored horizontally, like pop cans might leak after 6 months or so, but if they are stored vertically, they will last many months longer. Also, high acid foods, tomatoes, etc. will have a shorter life than other canned foods.
It was an interesting read, and the author delved into the coatings and chemicals used to line cans, and the chemicals in plastic bottles, etc.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top