JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A little while back I was at the Albany Gun Show and came across a beautiful bench rest rifle, total custom job. It's in a wildcat cartridge, called 221Cheetah Cub, based on the 221 Fireball case. It wasn't just a rifle but a package with custom dies, targets with load data (tiny groups), very nice fluted bull barrel, and what I thought was an unsafe trigger. The price reflected that, so we settled on $500 total. Fast forward to today, I was able to find time to take the stock off to diagnose the trigger issue, as it felt like it was set to 2oz, LOL. I figured I'd just toss a Timney in it and call it good. The trigger didn't have any issue, turns out it's a Canjar set trigger that was set very light! The trigger is worth almost what I paid for the total package. I'm very pleased now and have it set where I'm comfortable loading it and testing it out. I'd bet this person had thousands tied up in it and probably passed on and no one was willing to take on a custom cartridge project. Luckily, they left written instructions on how to fire form brass and load for it. I'm pretty excited and think I'll load a few up and shoot it on our backyard range. Pics coming shortly!

BTW, I have never heard of this trigger before, anyone else have experience with them?

E84B5D24-953D-4A92-BCE2-BC96782340F7.jpeg
44579BCB-1155-4EAC-A3F2-820896C07B91.jpeg
C8684330-35F4-462C-BF24-C91CDE127DEE.jpeg
It came with an old Bushnell scope that hast the finest crosshairs but I've got a couple Viper HST I'm debating on swapping out. My son and I are going to measure the twist on the barrel so I know what grain bullets to start with. All the data it came with was last updated in 1991 so I'm not hopeful to find the exact same bullets and powder.

BTW, if anyone is curious, it's built on a Remmy 788 action. Kinda weird choice but really came together nicely. Some of his old groups were ragged holes at 100 yards, I'm hoping to get close to that eventually.

A 788 is a rear locking action - bolt lugs at the rear of the bolt. Some sniffed at it, but they came in .308. A small-bore is perfect and the accuracy speaks for itself. Dunno about the power of the Bushnell, but those fine crosshairs are part of the reason for the ragged hole groups. I say try it before you pitch it.

I knew nothing about them until I googled the name on the side of the trigger assembly. So, naturally I turned to here for more info 😀
Yeah, pretty obscure after all these years. I did a search and did find some references that they were included with Win 70s, but whether that continued after '64 not sure. Apparently they were thought very highly of so wondering what became of them. Beautiful wood pattern on that rifle, by the way.

Yeah, pretty obscure after all these years. I did a search and did find some references that they were included with Win 70s, but whether that continued after '64 not sure. Apparently they were thought very highly of so wondering what became of them. Beautiful wood pattern on that rifle, by the way.
Thank you, I cannot take any credit though, someone absolutely loved this thing when it was put together. I imagine it was a retired person who loved to tinker and spare no expense. I feel that I stole it for the price.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top