JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the range to finally break in my new Canik TP9V2. First few mags were fine (both the "shiny" finish after-purchase factory mags...18 rd). Then from then on, when the TP9V2 went empty, it would not lock back after the last round was fired. It was the same whether the mag was empty when inserted into the handgun or fully emptied by firing. I had to engage the magazine hold-open lever/button to keep the slide open. Is this a magazine issue (that's what I'm thinking) or is this a different issue? I know the first thing I will try next time to the range is to use the magazines (flat finish, 18 rd factory) that came with the gun. Just trying to see if anyone has any different ideas or has had a similar issue.

I would test the gun with the factory mags that came with it, plus your extras. Make sure you're not blocking the slide stop from actuating. If it fails to lock open on all the mags - the issue is more likely with the gun. Peek inside to make sure your slide stop spring is in place, and that the slide stop itself is not defective or damaged or that there's not something that it's dragging on inside the frame to keep it from actuating. If it locks open with some of the mags but not all - I would think that it could be magazine related - either weak springs or it's not engaging the follower properly. Weak springs would likely cause feeding malfunctions though - and you didn't say it was not feeding properly.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top