JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This Canik is the newest in the line and comes with a Red Dot sight adapter plate, but no where in the information about it including video reviews do they 'which brand/model no.' will fit it.

One review told of what 'won't fit', but not what does.

Anyone here know?

Thanks

PS, I emailed Canik, but still waiting for an answer..

Josh ,

I read your post and all it says is: "Following".

just following the thread. I was interested in the other canik that came with the vortex red dot but not being able to co witness the sights was a deal breaker for me. But this one could be different so I'm just following the Thread to find out more about this model.

Josh,

Oh, OK, gotcha.

When and if Canik replies to my inquiry, I'll post which red dots TP9 Elite SC accepts.

At this point I know they won't accept the Vortex Venom or the Burris Fast Fire, both quite small.

I have a VV and it's mighty small, so I hope Canik didn't screw the pooch to find no RD will fit...if that turns out to be true, I'll drop the idea of buying one.

However, I can't believe they'd make a mistake that big, but...who knows, weirder errors have been made.

rcn,

Sorry, you are...look at the video review where the reviewer 'demonstrates' how the loaded chamber indicator shortens the space for the VV or BFF.

I've never heard of the Shield RD, but will research.

If they're cheap junk as many are, or as costly as a an Aimpoint or Trigicon, forget this Canik for me.

i know its not the exact pistol you are talking about. all the canik SFX's i have run Vortex venoms on them. i would think the footprint is pretty close, could be wrong though
My SFX is currently wearing a Vortex Viper, but has also been outfitted w a Burris FF III. The TP9SFX doesn't have an LCI.
20191030_101245.jpg

ETA: After watching the video I see what the problem is (are)... in allowing the rear sight to remain in place along w the flippy-widget style LCI they've shortened the footprint of the RMR mounting base to an (almost) unusable size. The SFX's rear sight is mounted onto the removable plate and goes back in the box when an RMR is mounted... also no LCI using up valuable real estate on the slide. Seems like ditching one or the other of those features (in the design phase) would cure the problem... a strange choice by the Turks.

Last Edited:
just following the thread. I was interested in the other canik that came with the vortex red dot but not being able to co witness the sights was a deal breaker for me. But this one could be different so I'm just following the Thread to find out more about this model.
Cowitnessing the FSP with the red dot would require a taller, suppressor front sight (obviously). Since the rear sight comes off with the RMR plate, the front sight isn't of much use on it's own anyway.

Even so, once I get some more range-time w the SFX I may look into finding a suitable FSP to cowitness the RDS... to date it hasn't been an issue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top