JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So other then being an AOW what's the legalities involved with "carrying" cane guns? Obviously it's not a great idea from a practical standpoint but is it legal and would it be considered open or concealed carry?

So other then being an AOW what's the legalities involved with "carrying" cane guns? Obviously it's not a great idea from a practical standpoint but is it legal and would it be considered open or concealed carry?

I'm not sure. These are great "front porch" guns (sitting on your front porch with the muzzle of the cane perched upon the rail). They are considered handguns and AOW firearms. $5 isn't a large Federal Stamp investment, but the long wait for approval might prove to be a discomfort in the derriere.

The problem with questions like this is if you are talking the cartridge ones, which are AOW, then the "laws" are most likely a very big mess of different laws in different places. Maybe search to see if your local allows open carry of an AOW weapon? Since I would "guess" one AOW is the same as any other as far as the laws? It is an interesting question though.

In Washington a pistol is the only thing covered by a CPL. Thats why its called a CPL ... Concealed Pistol License. An AOW is not a pistol. Open carry is open carry be it rifle, SBR, pistol, aow or destructive device.

I feel that it would be "open carry". You're not concealing anything. Keep your trap shut and mind your own business. Unless you're going into "restricted" areas, "flying beneath the radar" might be your best option.

In Washington a pistol is the only thing covered by a CPL. Thats why its called a CPL ... Concealed Pistol License.
And that is thanks to the Yo-yo who was on the steps to the Legislature when the Bill revising the Law being discussed. People were being reminded that if they were going to testify they would have to leave their Pistol outside. Yo-yo proceed to pull a 14-16" Bowie Knife from under his Coat and Loudly proclaim that "At least I can take this(wildly waving the Bowie) with me!!! And WE won't be completely unarmed!!!"

Just goes to prove WE can be our own WORST enemy!:rolleyes:

And that is thanks to the Yo-yo who was on the steps to the Legislature when the Bill revising the Law being discussed. People were being reminded that if they were going to testify they would have to leave their Pistol outside. Yo-yo proceed to pull a 14-16" Bowie Knife from under his Coat and Loudly proclaim that "At least I can take this(wildly waving the Bowie) with me!!! And WE won't be completely unarmed!!!"

Just goes to prove WE can be our own WORST enemy!:rolleyes:

If all else fails, shut your pie hole. This works wonders.

He was WAY TOO arrogant to do that!

This seems to be something FEW, very few can master. The keep your yap shut. I have carried a gun at every place I have ever worked my entire life. Many places I did this is was either "frowned on" or flat out "you get caught you get fired". Never got caught or fired. "Luck"? No, I just did not feel the need to tell anyone I worked with who was not family that I had a gun. I have seen an amazing number of people get fired only because he could not seem to not tell a lot of people and often show them the gun. Never have quite understood the mindset that does this but it seems to be quite common. <shrug>

That particular Yo-yo went to Federal Country Club for 5 years but still hadn't learned his lesson. He was arrested for position(I think) at least once after getting out. He deserved much more than he got. He proved there is NO cure for Stupid!

This seems to be something FEW, very few can master. The keep your yap shut. I have carried a gun at every place I have ever worked my entire life. Many places I did this is was either "frowned on" or flat out "you get caught you get fired". Never got caught or fired. "Luck"? No, I just did not feel the need to tell anyone I worked with who was not family that I had a gun. I have seen an amazing number of people get fired only because he could not seem to not tell a lot of people and often show them the gun. Never have quite understood the mindset that does this but it seems to be quite common. <shrug>

Yes, indeed, learning to close your 'tater trap' and keeping it closed is something that educated people generally learn to master. There are times when a healthy dose of Shutting The F*** Up is a marvel in and of itself.

If you wear a top hat, monocle and spats you'll be gtg.

upload_2017-12-12_7-24-55.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads