JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone know much about the guy running against Merkley that was there today at the rally.
Was it Mark Callahan?

Yes, it was Mr. Callahan. I noticed him walking around in his suit talking to several people, but I had no idea who he was until I looked up his info. This guy will definitely be getting my vote.

All I know about Mr. Callahan so far is that he can walk and breath at the same time, so his IQ has to at least twice that of Merkley. I like what I read on his website - I hope it accurate.

He seemed impressive, but not a lot of faith in any politician until I learn enough about them anymore.
So we have 2 running against Merkley. Both are a thousand times better than he is. Just have to make sure the one that can beat him gets on the ticket.

I just googled Mark Callahan to see where the guy is coming from as I had to leave the rally before he spoke. I really need some one to vote for RATHER than Merkley apparently. Sorry, but the man with the constitution in one pocket and the bible in the other won't get my vote.

So, who else is out there?

I just googled Mark Callahan to see where the guy is coming from as I had to leave the rally before he spoke. I really need some one to vote for RATHER than Merkley apparently. Sorry, but the man with the constitution in one pocket and the bible in the other won't get my vote.

Lol. Merkley is a proven danger and you're quibbling about a remote danger from hypothetical theocrats?

Sorry, but the man with the constitution in one pocket and the bible in the other won't get my vote.

Seriously?

CORE VALUES & PRINCIPLES:
• Pro – Freedom
• Pro – U.S. Constitution
• Pro – Limited Government: Less Taxes, More Financial Freedom, Less Debt.
• Pro – Military: I Support & Sincerely Thank Our Military & Veterans For Their Service.
• Pro – Free Market: More Jobs, A Stronger Economy.
• Pro – Life: Life Begins at Conception.
• Pro – Gun: I Strongly Support and Believe in the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
• Pro – God: I Believe in Religious Freedom.
• Pro – Family

So, if someone believes in religious freedom, it's a bad thing. Okie dokie.

You should have heard him.
Callahan seemed very viable.

Sorry, but the man with the constitution in one pocket and the bible in the other won't get my vote.

Sorry, but it seems to me the overwhelming percentage of Patriots who bothered to show up at the Rally believe in a God. You are not going to win this battle without them.....

Believing in God is fine, carrying a Bible in his pocket is fine, standing up and proclaiming that his Bible should be the foundation for all legislation, definitely NOT fine.

As for alternatives, this is the complete list of possible GOP candidates seeking to oppose Merkley:

Jason Conger
Monica Wehby
Tim Crawley
Jo Rae Perkins
Mark Callahan (the fella at the rally)

They have debates schedule in Bend today, Baker City tomorrow, Corvallis on the 23rd, and Portland on the 25th

Believing in God is fine, carrying a Bible in his pocket is fine, standing up and proclaiming that his Bible should be the foundation for all legislation, definitely NOT fine.

As for alternatives, this is the complete list of possible GOP candidates seeking to oppose Merkley:

Jason Conger
Monica Wehby
Tim Crawley
Jo Rae Perkins
Mark Callahan (the fella at the rally)

They have debates schedule in Bend today, Baker City tomorrow, Corvallis on the 23rd, and Portland on the 25th

I don't like the mixing of religion and politics either, but then again, I used to live in Utah and I know a lot of folks on here like to get the Utah carry permit; they love their religion and their guns.

I'd rather have a representative with a moral compass that I don't see eye to eye with than one that blows every which way in the wind. People have been misusing the Bible and other religions for many a year to push their own agenda, but that doesn't mean everyone who follows the Bible is one of them. Without getting into too much of a touchy topic, the Bible tells us to love one another and not to judge others, but that's the opposite of what some who claim to follow the Bible are doing.

So holding up a pocket-Constitution and a Hustler or Penthouse magazine would seal the deal for you? :rolleyes:

Yeah, sure Stomper :s0077:......Wouldn't that be saying he believes in "Free Speech"?

ORE VALUES & PRINCIPLES:
• Pro – Freedom
• Pro – U.S. Constitution
• Pro – Limited Government: Less Taxes, More Financial Freedom, Less Debt.
• Pro – Military: I Support & Sincerely Thank Our Military & Veterans For Their Service.
• Pro – Free Market: More Jobs, A Stronger Economy.
• Pro – Life: Life Begins at Conception.
• Pro – Gun: I Strongly Support and Believe in the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
• Pro – God: I Believe in Religious Freedom.
• Pro – Family

I bet if you asked Merkley he'd say he supports the same things. I believe in religious freedom, don't we all?

Mike

I don't like the mixing of religion and politics either, but then again, I used to live in Utah and I know a lot of folks on here like to get the Utah carry permit; they love their religion and their guns.

I spent the first 27 years of my life in a rural community just 12 miles South of the Salt Lake Temple, believe me I have first hand knowledge of the way religion can work, the good and the bad. It is nothing like it was 30 years ago. It's still the world headquarters for the LDS church, but it's been somewhat diluted, religious wise, since then.

Mike

Well I guess you can vote for one of the three Liberal Democraps running against Merc. the hot dog man.. All three say they want more money for Schools and Welfare programs. These three all should be a good choices.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top