JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With a mandatory "buy back" .. they'd have to compensate at fair market value. Even under petty threat of imprisonment, if my rifle cost $1000, and around $2000 with mags, ammo and accessories why would I turn it in for a $150 gift card to sizzlers or amazon?

For that reason alone their little buy back idea would never work. No one in their right mind is going to take that kind of loss.

With a mandatory "buy back" .. they'd have to compensate at fair market value. Even under petty threat of imprisonment, if my rifle cost $1000, and around $2000 with mags, ammo and accessories why would I turn it in for a $150 gift card to sizzlers or amazon?

For that reason alone their little buy back idea would never work. No one in their right mind is going to take that kind of loss.

Some would. A very small number. Same types of folks that couldn't wait to line up for registration in Connecticut and New York. Some people will always be eager to bow the knee to the government.

Some would. A very small number. Same types of folks that couldn't wait to line up for registration in Connecticut and New York. Some people will always be eager to bow the knee to the government.
I suppose. I always forget there were some fudds that were all too eager to line up for registration. That still baffles me.

Maybe subliminally they know it is our money... but I never heard a politician of any stripe that didn't think all money belongs to the federal govt. (In truth, doesn't all coin and bills in circulation belong to gov?).

I guess I am not getting my point across.

Allow me to state it a little more clearly:

Politicians lie.

That means that what a politician thinks vs. what comes out of their mouth are often two different things.

That also means that they have ulterior motives and hidden agendas, therefore you can't judge their intelligence or knowledge or intentions based on what they say, because they are not telling you what they think or what they intend to do or why they intend to do it.

If you observe their actions and the results of their actions, you are much safer and probably closer to the truth if you infer their intentions and motives come from malice and self-interest than from public service.

Do not underestimate them.

Do not assume they have good intentions.

These are people jockeying for money and power. They don't want to make the world a better place for us - they want to make it a better place for them.

But yes - in a way - they think that money is theirs, and they are correct. They have possession and control of it. They have taken it from us. It used to belong to us, but now it is theirs to do with as they please.

IMG_20190619_091938.jpg

I guess I am not getting my point across.

Allow me to state it a little more clearly:

Politicians lie.

That means that what a politician thinks vs. what comes out of their mouth are often two different things.

That also means that they have ulterior motives and hidden agendas, therefore you can't judge their intelligence or knowledge or intentions based on what they say, because they are not telling you what they think or what they intend to do or why they intend to do it.

If you observe their actions and the results of their actions, you are much safer and probably closer to the truth if you infer their intentions and motives come from malice and self-interest than from public service.

Do not underestimate them.

Do not assume they have good intentions.

These are people jockeying for money and power. They don't want to make the world a better place for us - they want to make it a better place for them.

But yes - in a way - they think that money is theirs, and they are correct. They have possession and control of it. They have taken it from us. It used to belong to us, but now it is theirs to do with as they please.

Oh, I got you the first time. Was making a different point. And yes, they are liars and cheaters.

And yes, they do believe the money in the federal piggy bank is theirs. But some have expressed that all money should be theirs, that we should work and they should give us what they think we need. Just look at how they talk about rich people: "Nobody needs more than xxx dollars" "That's too much money in the hands of a few people, there are others that could use some." etc etc. But in reality, any amount of money in the hands of a private citizen is to them, something that shouldn't exist, because after all we won't spend it correctly, don't know what to do with it, won't share it with the less fortunate, won't spend it on climate change reduction scams, blah blah blah.

Don't discount the ideology behind the crazy measures put forth by the true believers among those who lie and cheat simply for greed and power. But, it matters not to me whether they are lying, or if they believe in a cause... a stupid, confiscatory, or abusive law for money and power is just the same as one that somebody believes is answering a need or achieving "justice"... it's still stupid, confiscatory, abusive. I'm watching what they do, not ever what BS comes out of their pieholes!! We are not the dumb ones here, it's the great unwashed masses that don't belong to firearms forums!!! ;)

And yet, their 'solution' for the 1% issue is to put even more money in the hands of even fewer people; them.

I just don't think that their intent or motives are such that they believe that they know better than the masses - on any issue. At least not most of them. I think it is all about control and power. If you look at history, that is what it always has been about.

That is why they want three things:

1) The power of public office - not just to tell the masses what to do, but also to be in a position where others who have power and money, but are not in the public sector, must come to them to broker power.

2) Money.

3) Our guns. They recognize the threat that our guns are to their power - especially the mindset that a lot of gun owners have.

And yet, their 'solution' for the 1% issue is to put even more money in the hands of even fewer people; them.

I just don't think that their intent or motives are such that they believe that they know better than the masses - on any issue. At least not most of them. I think it is all about control and power. If you look at history, that is what it always has been about.

Hard to say if it is most of them or if it is 50%... but there is still a spectrum of types in politics. Like I said, that doesn't matter to me, I'm not giving them what they want anyway. But ya know, us peons can watch them and gripe and do verbal battle with them, and it won't make any difference because MSM promotes and backs up all their lies. Tell me what MSM gets out of that sick relationship! Obviously power... but power for the sake of power? There's gotta be a money incentive for the MSM. And it seems there is more than one crakpot believer in the MSM. And then the deluded low information voters keep putting the worst politicians in. <Sigh>

Power corrupts - everybody.

They may start with the best of intentions, but they will make compromises to get what they want and it becomes easier over time.

The best any individual can do is:

1) Vote and vote wisely. Don't waste a vote on a POTUS candidate that won't be able to take your state's electoral majority - although with new legislation, this is changing.

2) Prepare. What comes will come. Be prepared for the worst, hope for the best. But don't under-estimate the opposition - neither their intentions nor their capabilities. Their solutions may sound dumb to us because they won't work for their stated goals, but their stated goals are not their true goals - assume the worst when it comes to their intentions because that is probably a lot closer to the truth, and prepare for that eventuality. Over time, they have been chipping away at our gun rights and they will continue to do so.

Liars, thieves, power grabbers, true believers or whatever, the only reason the Tree of Liberty hasn't been watered yet is because our side actually honors the Constitution.

We've been far too reasonable for our own good and now we're paying for it. The Founders would have hung, exiled or imprisoned these people long before now.

Unfortunately, many of us are also cursed with belief in the goodness of man.

Screw that.

There's some evil SOB's out there and many of them need to be put in the ground or in prison and I think many people are of the same frame of mind.

We just came dangerously close In Oregon. A call to action went out via Patriot telegraph.
It was to protect the Republican state representatives from the OSP.
Citizens bearing arms to protect their duly elected representatives from the power of the STATE.
Or so I heard.

This is America now.

I sold my cloak and bought a sword a long time ago. God loves His warriors.

We are also in danger on our streets and in our homes because of the jihadis and narco criminals the left has imported to do their bidding.

Call me paranoid, but I believe there's quite a few imported terrorists just waiting for the word to unleash bad things.
My sense and what I hear/read/see tell me the time between now and the election is going to be pretty shaky at best.

JMHO

The main body of useful idiots is called ANTIFA.... have you heard about the latest crap that occurred yesterday in PDX?

I have... and crickets from Portland MSM, leadership, popo, etc. Poor guy, they said he has not only bruises but brain swelling, he could have died... I say let there be retribution on a grand scale. Anybody with AntiFa clothing gets it. Hard. Permanent. Next guy in line gets the same.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top