JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who's buying what or whom, as the case may be, relative to elections and those in office. Ever ask where the $$ is coming from, or perhaps from whom to fund certain initiatives or elect certain individuals? Here's some thoughts from I-1639 PDC data I believe you'll find interesting.

We already know Bloomberg is a work of art and willing to do anything to subvert our constitutional rights. He's made that abundantly clear with his anti-2A groups he's funded & continues to fund. He lost his bid to 'buy' the presidency and is now on a venture to buy lower elected offices. I mean 'BUY' like you going to the store and picking out your goods and paying at the cash register. You picked the items that suit your purpose/desire. That's exactly where the 2020 elections are headed for whatever state/county/city Bloomberg can buy as long as said candidates are his picks. That IS NOT a joke.

We're all painfully aware of what happened with I-1639, what you may not be aware of is where the money came from. Roughly speaking, and if my math is correct, $1,093,956.51 came from outside of Washington State. They raised $4,116,596.56 & spent $3,704,490.28 That left them with $412,106.00 to carry their tactics forward.
Bloomberg----EVERYTOWN FOR GUN SAFETY ACTION FUND-$550,000.00
Gabrielle Giffords and Mark Kelly---AMERICANS FOR RESPONSIBLE SOLUTIONS PAC-$250,000.00
That leaves $293,956.51 that came from 'somewhere'.
Here's where: AB, AE, AK, AL, AR, AZ, BC, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA & VT. (CA was 19% of the contributors by head count)

Looking at the PDC data I have, I asked myself how & why is it allowable or even legal for out of state individuals contributions. The one thing that isn't in dispute is the lack of funds used to rally against 1639 from the outset. Although the SAF fought this in the courts, (if you can call them that) we came up short. But I digress..

I foresee a brutal fight before us this fall for virtually every office at every level that the anti-2A people can get their fingers into. More so since Bloomberg and others of his ilk have the $$ to push their private agenda just as I-1639 got shoved up our ....
I fully intend to keep a closer eye on the funding from where-ever on the issues & candidates then in the past. I'm 99% finished in drafting a bill to eliminate & prevent any funding for any initiative from anyone that's NOT a Washington State resident or business. I suspect it's not going to pass muster on parts of it but I have to start somewhere.

I'll gladly send/share my PDC data & my draft bill should anyone so desire. One set of eyes is way short IMHO. I'm hoping everyone keeps an eye out on the funding side of issues & candidates this year. That alone will tell you what the end goal is about. I'm also aware there's not a chance-in-heck ANY of MY legislators would take up a cause to prevent out of state funding for initiatives or possibly themselves this year. Rep. Kim Schrier (D-Wash.); and Carolyn Long, who is running in Washington's 3rd District.

I'm off my ...:s0146: now..

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
The gun control battle could be lost next year if antis take over both houses in Congress and the White House. Supposedly we have lots of new gunowners based on sales but I have a feeling most of those sales were not to first time buyers. It is unlikely that a new gun owner who has voted for the anti gun party in the past will change their voting pattern in any significant way. We can look at the pipeline of anti gun bills in the House to see what our misfortune might be. I don't have much hope that SCOTUS will come to our rescue. :(

Dan,

Thank you for your efforts on this, it is much appreciated. That is very good information and I suspect the majority of 2A people are unaware of whats been going on. It makes sense to attack this on the front-end (funding). Please send me the draft bill and data, I'd like to take a look at it.

My Senator and two Representatives are pro 2A for the most part, and I monitor/communicate with them on this subject on a regular basis. In fact one of my Representatives showed up with his rifle to a counter demonstration in Snohomish a couple of weeks ago. These folks lined the street to protect (if necessary) the businesses there from looting and destruction. Some pictures on his facebook page.

Anyway, please forward the draft bill when you have an opportunity.

Thanks

That leaves $293,956.51 that came from 'somewhere'.
Here's where: AB, AE, AK, AL, AR, AZ, BC, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA & VT. (CA was 19% of the contributors by head count)

Looking at the PDC data I have, I asked myself how & why is it allowable or even legal for out of state individuals contributions. The one thing that isn't in dispute is the lack of funds used to rally against 1639 from the outset. Although the SAF fought this in the courts, (if you can call them that) we came up short. But I digress..
Curious, there are even FOREIGN contributions buying our elections--BC and AB are Canada.

Curious, there are even FOREIGN contributions buying our elections--BC and AB are Canada.
And you are absolutely correct! The PDC reports are factual. It's not something I made up.
From AB..$100.00
From BC..$$85.00
While not much in the grand scheme of things, it's still funding from outside the USA for 'OUR' rights! Why?
Why ANY FOREIGN contributions are allowed is BEYOND me much less donations from out of state with 'STATE citizens initiatives'. The laws need to be amended to stop these types of actions from people like Bloomberg. Remember him... he's the individual that wanted/tried to buy the nomination for the presidency..o_O

I sent the data & the re-write draft to change the law to Makers Mark for his view(s)/reviews/input whatever he decides. It's available to anyone else that wants it. The documents are in MS Word & Excel and will need to be sent to an email addy as I can't upload them here or in a PM.
I'm 'dearly hoping' I/we can get enough people on board with this so we can take it to the legislature next session and stop Bloomberg actions that are infringing on YOUR rights!

Dan

And you are absolutely correct! The PDC reports are factual. It's not something I made up.
From AB..$100.00
From BC..$$85.00
While not much in the grand scheme of things, it's still funding from outside the USA for 'OUR' rights! Why?
Why ANY FOREIGN contributions are allowed is BEYOND me much less donations from out of state with 'STATE citizens initiatives'. The laws need to be amended to stop these types of actions from people like Bloomberg. Remember him... he's the individual that wanted/tried to buy the nomination for the presidency..o_O

I sent the data & the re-write draft to change the law to Makers Mark for his view(s)/reviews/input whatever he decides. It's available to anyone else that wants it. The documents are in MS Word & Excel and will need to be sent to an email addy as I can't upload them here or in a PM.
I'm 'dearly hoping' I/we can get enough people on board with this so we can take it to the legislature next session and stop Bloomberg actions that are infringing on YOUR rights!

Dan
Sounds like a great effort. Have you posted this info to any other forums. I'm thinking that over on Waguns there are some very experienced legislative and legal people that could be of great service. If not I would be happy to get a copy and post to the restricted board for insiders only.

Do you know if anyone else has tried this in other states? If they have might be worth seeing what was tried or considered over there.
Sounds like a great idea and effort. Noit sure that the crroks that run the WA state supreme court would allow it to actually make the ballot. But the effort might be worth the fight. My district had been overrun with the democrat crooks so not sure i could get any help but there are a couple who are up here that might be interested.

Thanks for you efforts. Will be interesting to see what happens moving forward.

From AB..$100.00
From BC..$$85.00

Dan
People and Corps from outside the State and Country can be affected by legislation in another state or country. It seems reasonable that they should be able to contribute campaign money on issues that concern them. I would welcome contributions from out of state to fight gun control bills.

I would welcome contributions from out of state to fight gun control bills.
While I can appreciate your view, I'm fairly certain myself & a few thousand others did not appreciate the $1,093,956.51 that came from out of state & USA to support I-1639 on an citizens initiative that should belong (IMHO) to the citizens of the state.
Respective of that, let me ask you this, would you be in favor of out of state money going into Oregon to promote anti-gun/anti-2a initiatives?

Dan

Let me put it another way. If you exclude out of state donations for gun control initiatives, you would also be excluding from say, the NRA and other similar national orgs and groups from contributing to pro gun initiatives here. Granted, we have some really big pro 2A orgs in-state. Think carefully about that.

Let me put it another way. If you exclude out of state donations for gun control initiatives, you would also be excluding from say, the NRA and other similar national orgs and groups from contributing to pro gun initiatives here. Granted, we have some really big pro 2A orgs in-state. Think carefully about that.
We should DEFINITELY exclude out-of-country though. They don't like us meddling in their politics they got no business messing around in ours.

Much as I dream of an impressive string of Powerball/Megamillions wins being even more impressively invested and turning me into a "Soros of the Global Right"... LOL

Don't get me wrong, Dan. I just want careful thought to what the possibile negative impact might be for the 2A cause. I am trying to help our effort be better. There are a lot of strategies involved. Keep throwing this out to us and we can try to poke holes in it so you can make it better. I'm not trying to derail you by any stretch.

Don't get me wrong, Dan. I just want careful thought to what the possibile negative impact might be for the 2A cause. I am trying to help our effort be better. There are a lot of strategies involved. Keep throwing this out to us and we can try to poke holes in it so you can make it better. I'm not trying to derail you by any stretch.
Xaevian,
I need & want feedback. That's why I put this out there. More so is where I would sure like to put the documents somewhere so people could look at what I've drafted so everyone that wants could chime in so we have something we ALL could live with. I'll GLADLY send them via email to anyone that asks.
IF I remember correctly, the NRA donated $00.00 to fight I-1639. Albeit they 'may' have put $$ into the appeal to the courts after the SOS accepted the illegal ballots. I know the SAF did.

Dan

While I can appreciate your view, I'm fairly certain myself & a few thousand others did not appreciate the $1,093,956.51 that came from out of state & USA to support I-1639 on an citizens initiative that should belong (IMHO) to the citizens of the state.
Respective of that, let me ask you this, would you be in favor of out of state money going into Oregon to promote anti-gun/anti-2a initiatives?

Dan
The point I was trying to make is that laws in a state can effect more than just the residents living there. And because of that, any person or corp who could be impacted by those laws should be able to contribute for or against them, with in the law. Were people and corps from out of state prohibited from contributing to WA State groups opposed to I-1639? If the groups opposed to I-1639 had received 1 billion from out of state donors and I-1639 was defeated, would we be still be complaining about the 1 million plus the groups supporting I-1639 received.

The real problem we have, is there is less financial support coming in for groups opposing gun control than supporting it.

Did you look in to how much money was raised to fight I-1639 and where it all came from? I would bet it was much less than what the supporters of I-1639 raised.

Edit: BTW Oregon has had money coming in from out of state anti gun orgs. Often times it comes in as campaign donations to candidates that support gun control. Candidates that oppose gun control are welcome to receive those types of campaign donations from pro-gun sources as well. You can guess which side receives more money.

Last Edited:
The point I was trying to make is that laws in a state can effect more than just the residents living there. And because of that, any person or corp who could be impacted by those laws should be able to contribute for or against them, with in the law. Were people and corps from out of state prohibited from contributing to WA State groups opposed to I-1639? If the groups opposed to I-1639 had received 1 billion from out of state donors and I-1639 was defeated, would we be still be complaining about the 1 million plus the groups supporting I-1639 received.

The real problem we have, is there is less financial support coming in for groups opposing gun control than supporting it.

Did you look in to how much money was raised to fight I-1639 and where it all came from? I would bet it was much less than what the supporters of I-1639 raised.

Edit: BTW Oregon has had money coming in from out of state anti gun orgs. Often times it comes in as campaign donations to candidates that support gun control. Candidates that oppose gun control are welcome to receive those types of campaign donations from pro-gun sources as well. You can guess which side receives more money.
arakboss,
You are absolutely correct in your assertion, "there is less financial support coming in for groups opposing gun control than supporting it."
In truth, I probably wouldn't be complaining if a few million dollars had been from somewhere to be used in defeating 1639.

My intent in drafting a new bill was to 'keep' a citizens initiative relegated to the citizens of the state. IE: A grass roots movement vs outside & billionaire money buying new laws.
Towards that end, I wrote the following into the bill...

SEC.7.
Funding Limits

Any Washington State registered voter, current resident, and businesses that are properly and currently licensed to conduct business in the State of Washington under Section 5 subsection 3, I. through VII. may contribute funds to an initiative in amounts not to exceed as described below for any single initiative.

I. Each individual Washington State registered voter, or current resident, may contribute up​
to and including one-thousand dollars per initiative.​
II. Each individual Washington State registered voter, or current resident, may contribute to​
different numbered initiatives for the same one-thousand dollars amount.​
III. No Washington State registered voter, or current resident, may contribute more than​
once to a given initiative.​
IV. Each Washington State licensed business or LLC may contribute up to and including​
five-thousand dollars per initiative provided the business meets the defined conditions​
in Section 5 subsection 3, I. through VII.​
V. Each Washington State licensed business or LLC may contribute up to and including five-​
thousand dollars to different numbered initiatives for the same five-thousand dollars amount.​
VI. No Washington State licensed business or LLC may contribute more than once to a​
given initiative.​

I must say, you keep me thinking and I appreciate it. It's also why I've asked for input by/from others. I don't always see other sides and appreciate input that shows any flaws or good ideas. I'll be more than happy to send you the info if you provide me with an email addy. :)

Dan

EDIT: The NRA did contribute in the way of legal action(s) in the courts.

I saw somewhere where it showed all the donators to the anti gun campaigns, they had 4 or 5 billionaires. I think we have 0, zip, nada.
We have us.. and I think, regardless of how many we have donating, we cant come close to what they can spend. we need other ways.:confused:

Failed policies, riots and looting while many big city Police depts were stopped from enforcing laws told everyone "You're on your own"

2 million NICS checks last month, a massive increase. Just wait until June's numbers are released.

Point is we didn't spend a dime to prove the 2A is needed now more than ever.

I saw somewhere where it showed all the donators to the anti gun campaigns, they had 4 or 5 billionaires. I think we have 0, zip, nada.
We have us.. and I think, regardless of how many we have donating, we cant come close to what they can spend. we need other ways.:confused:
I have the PDC Excel spreadsheet showing the donors. If you want it, PM an email addy to me & I'll send it to you.

EDIT: Here's a link to all the PDC data I have.

Dan

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews