JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Yep, cancer SUCKS! A couple months ago my wife was diagnosed with HCC or liver cancer.
No treatment: 5 yr survival rate is 2%
With Chemoembolization it's 50% and that's only if she gets a transplant in time.
With a transplant it's still only 70%
Waiting to schedule the first treatment at OHSU now. Even then the Chemoembolization is palliative. Only doing what they can to keep her comfortable and hopefully live long enough to rise to the top of the transplant list. She has B+ blood so a liver will be harder to find.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

It has been quite a while since I have been able to post an update, sorry. There has been no return of the cancer so far and we are hopeful it will stay that way, as far as the rifle build I am still waiting to acquire the funds for the barrel and bcg. I'm hoping to have it done within the next month or so, the receivers and quad rail have been milled and finished in burnt bronze they are just waiting for me to buy the last bit of parts. Being a nursing student has pretty much emptied my pockets so the build is taking quite a bit longer than anticipated but better late than never ;-) Thanks for all of the support and as soon as I have this dang thing put together I will be sure to post many pics.

About 5 months ago at Newport wine and seafood Jiah and wife, me and my wife. He was able to grow in a beard after being off chemo for a while. received_1068732103154023[1].jpeg

Update!! Jiah was presented with his rifle yesterday, after what seemed like an eternity I was finally able to finish his build. Thanks to all of you and your support through this difficult time in our lives I was able to give Jiah a symbol of his continued battle with cancer. We have planned an outing with the rest of the gang to go out and run it through it's paces this Friday, weather permitting, and i hope to have some footage to add later. Thank you all for your generosity and for helping me put a huge smile on this guys face, he now has one more reason to get up in the morning and burn some powder! Words cannot express my gratitude to all of you, thank you all and have a wonderful day! :):):):):)

12674883_1145518278825490_1083329174_o.jpg

Thanks guys, he has eliminated most meats and all processed foods from his diet. We tried a trial treatment but it wasn't as effective as we had hoped. His cancer has metastasized to his lungs and next treatment will be radiation and chemotherapy pills.

My wife is a lung cancer survivor (2007). She will tell you that cancer is a very lonely disease, so the support of family and friends means a lot.

She is a firm believer in medical marijuana, and especially RSO. It's been decriminalized in Oregon and Washington there is quite a bit of information out there if people are interested.

Well it has been quite some time since I have been able to post on here. Sadly my best friend lost his fight with cancer three months ago and I am still trying to pick up the pieces. He is one of a kind and my life will never be the same without him. My wife I have been spending the majority of our time with his wife and kids trying to help them in every way we can. Jiah's rifle will be passed on to his children to enjoy for many years to come, I have many firearms that we procured from other family and friends that have passed and when I take them out it is a way for me to connect to those I have lost. It will be a pleasure to continue this practice with Jiah's kids, I also had bought a bumpfire stock that was to be given to him for his birthday but his time was up a week to soon. I want to thank every one of you from the bottom of my heart for the help and support you have offered me and helping me build Jiah his first rifle. Being an RN afforded me the ability to see him through to the end and I am honored to have been there for him in that regard, this has been by far one of the hardest things I have had to go through in my entire life and I am grateful for all of those that never hesitated to offer words of support and kindness. Than you everyone.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top