Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cancer sucks :-(

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CoastalGunner, Apr 24, 2014.

1. CoastalGunner

CoastalGunner Tidewater Active Member

UPDATE! My friend Jiah is up and getting around and is a tough sob :).
    I was able to get a hold of a good friend that manufactures AR parts and he is donating a personalized stripped upper and lower! Can't believe the outpouring of help I am getting form everyone. Thanks guys for all of your help :) Keep those spare parts coming! I will edit this post with an updated list as parts come in.

I still need:
    some type of sights and/or red dot
    16" barrel
    forward assist
    dust cover
    BCG
    charging handle
    milspec buffer tube
    any pmags or other accessories or parts you may have laying around
    umm... I think that is it

So I don't know if this is going to go anywhere but I guess it is worth a try. My best friend has been diagnosed with cancer and just had his leg amputated today. next is a grueling series of chemotherapy. Before his diagnosis he wanted to build his first AR but everything went so fast he never had a chance to start his project. I want to build him an AR and have it waiting for him when he returns from one of his treatment trips to Portland. I am asking if anyone would like to donate any parts I would be forever in your debt. I have a milled lower on its way but i have a long way to go. Some of you know me and many of you don't, this man is like a brother to me and we have been joined at the hip since we joined the fire department together. He is a wonderful father, husband, and faithful friend. Thank you for any help you can provide and I will not judge those that cannot.

James King
    PO Box 1416 Waldport Oregon 97394

Last edited: May 1, 2014
    Riot, GOG, rick benjamin and 2 others like this.
  2. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

Hey C.G,
    Yup, cancer sucks! We have been fighting it for five years now and now it seems to be getting the best of us.

Back to your friend, I only have a couple of AK's, no AR's, but if I can sell something in my hobby room, I'd like to contribute.
    Mind you, I'm a carpenter raising a family and work has been a tad slow, so I don't have a lot to offer. But if you get enough small donations…well, count me in.
    You can PM me and keep me posted on your time frame.
    Will

3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Got a moe stock and A2 pistil grip

4. CoastalGunner

that would be excellent of you :) and you have no idea how much this means to me.
    I should have added my address too sorry.
    po box 1416 Waldport Oregon 97394 Thank you ZA

ZA_Survivalist likes this.
  5. CoastalGunner

Thanks Will! my friend is a home builder too and I worked for him for about 5 years before going back to college. Any help is much appreciated and I am forever grateful :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Sorry, no AR parts, but our best wishes for your friend. Cancer is the very devil.

7. CoastalGunner

No worries Nambu, thank you for your kind words :)

8. CES07

CES07 Portland, Oregon Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Sent a few items today...best wishes to your friend as well as his family...

9. CoastalGunner

Thank you to everyone that has sent parts, I appreciate the help more than you could ever know! My friend is headed home and I am thankful for all of the support you have all shown. He is in good spirits and knows that the hardest is yet to come, he starts chemo in a few weeks. Again thanks to all of you I will be able to get this rifle built. This guy has always had my back every time we make entry and I know he would do the same thing for me.

Sgt Nambu and GOG like this.
  10. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Prayers sent my friend.

coyotecaller likes this.
  11. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Glad to hear he's doing better. I used to work down at COCFR from time to time, hope he gets back to full strength soon!

12. CoastalGunner

Received those parts CES07, thanks a ton for your help. I will be sure to post some pics of my progress as soon as I get the receivers and other donated parts. Thanks to contributing, I know this will be something he will cherish and I hope to have it ready for a mid chemo inspiration!

13. coastal steelheader

coastal steelheader Aberdeen Well-Known Member

No AR parts here either but I'm glad your friend is up and around

14. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

have a list of things you need? I have to look through my misc. parts to see if I have any AR stuff still.

15. timeauf

timeauf Northwest New Member

It is awesome what friends will do and what fellow shooters who have never met the guy will do.

Not sure if either of you is a reloader, but you are going to need some ammo. I will send you 1k 55gn .223 projectiles for you to reload and have some fun. If you can use them, just PM me.

Scott
    Owner
    www.twoalphasupply.com

Swedish K likes this.
  16. CoastalGunner

Swedish K the shorter list is the things I have unfortunately :-/ I have the lower and upper being custom milled, ZA_Survivalist and CES07 sent me some parts. I still need buffer tube, lpk, bcg, forward assist, charging handle, barrel, quad rail. Basically whatever I am unable to get from those willing to donate I will purchase myself. I am going to have the receivers and quad rail coated in burnt bronze and the rest of the rifle will be black. It will have cancer and survivor fire control engraving and the serial will be his name. My buddy at Crusader arms is milling the receivers and will do the finish and assembly for me. I will gladly take any parts that are sent to me with overwhelming gratitude and respect. Thanks to all of you that are able to help me with this project.

17. CoastalGunner

timeauf it wont let me start a conversation with you your inbox is full.

18. CoastalGunner

I am overwhelmed at the willingness of all your support and help, I have no words....

19. jonn5335

jonn5335 Longview Active Member

You will be getting a LPK and hand guard in the mail shortly

20. CoastalGunner

Thanks Jonn! Appreciate the help brother :)