JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ya but how long ago was that? And don't get me wrong I have gotten good deals at them just haven't in a long long time. ;)

I'd say just a few years ago, but if I actually started counting it would be longer ago than it seems.

It's a bit ironic that when I bought that Colt I hadn't been to a gunshow for quite a while. It had probably been 15 years since my pal Frank and I had gone to one. There sure was a lot of crap and a lot of over priced guns, but I found a square deal on a very nice pistol.
I don't go to many gunshows, but when I do, I usually find at least one decent deal. I think that beyond the browsing fun, there are still some good opportunities at gunshows. I enjoy the ones at the fairgrounds in Canby. It's a small show and it usually takes about as long to get there as I spend walking around, but it's free parking and a very casual environment.

Quite the opposite - I am headed to the range today as soon as I get the dishes done.
13807F83-C396-4089-879C-E9023E08B7E5.gif

Ya but how long ago was that? And don't get me wrong I have gotten good deals at them just haven't in a long long time. ;)
... that's cuz you haven't been been by my table. I always have a plethora of great deals.
I usally find a few treasures at shows, but there are certain shows I avoid.. like anything from Bigtop... the one at the Clark County fairgrounds is horrible! I've been to 2-3 last couple years(never as a vendor), and I'll never go again. The prices there are full retail + on most stuff, never anything cool or obscure....and it's way too much to get in.
It's like paying to walk through the door of an overpriced sporting goods store.
I like tables full of old, strange, and obscure parts and used stuff that I can't find on the shelf at a cabelas...
Wes's Show in Centrailia is my favorite. I am there every month and always manage to find a few things I can't live without.

... that's cuz you haven't been been by my table. I always have a plethora of great deals.
I usally find a few treasures at shows, but there are certain shows I avoid.. like anything from Bigtop... the one at the Clark County fairgrounds is horrible! I've been to 2-3 last couple years(never as a vendor), and I'll never go again. The prices there are full retail + on most stuff, never anything cool or obscure....and it's way too much to get in.
It's like paying to walk through the door of an overpriced sporting goods store.
I like tables full of old, strange, and obscure parts and used stuff that I can't find on the shelf at a cabelas...
Wes's Show in Centrailia is my favorite. I am there every month and always manage to find a few things I can't live without.

You are correct. Maybe I need to make a trip out one weekend and see you at a gun show. ;)

Do they have any gun shows in Pahrump. I hear that is the survivalist/prepper haven. I even read somewhere that if the SHTF ever happens they are going to blow the roadway from Vegas so no one can get to them. Good idea I would say.
I have no idea. Pahrump is about 7 hours from Reno. i doubt it with Vegas so close. Promoter would be foolish to have any kind of decent show there. On second thought, they probably have gun shows every weekend at the local yard sales :p

Do they have any gun shows in Pahrump. I hear that is the survivalist/prepper haven. I even read somewhere that if the SHTF ever happens they are going to blow the roadway from Vegas so no one can get to them. Good idea I would say.
I have kin in Pahrump. Knowing them, this very well may be the plan.
:s0003::s0103:

The scheduling issue is the Collectors West decided to have a show in Arizona that week end for the first time....so at the last minute decided to put all their energy into getting the new show going rather than splitting the resources. I'm a vendor but wasn't planing on going to St. Helens any way so don't have a dog in that fight. What I did see at Albany was a few other vendors that tend to do mostly CW shows attending the "other" promoter's show.

The scheduling issue is the Collectors West decided to have a show in Arizona that week end for the first time....so at the last minute decided to put all their energy into getting the new show going rather than splitting the resources. I'm a vendor but wasn't planing on going to St. Helens any way so don't have a dog in that fight. What I did see at Albany was a few other vendors that tend to do mostly CW shows attending the "other" promoter's show.
That's their excuse? That's not exactly accurate.

I have kin in Pahrump. Knowing them, this very well may be the plan.
:s0003::s0103:

Talked to an ex pahrumpian, this would be true, but apparently it's the paved roads... The dirt roads coming in will still be accessible and there's a ton of those.

And he said he doesn't remember ever seeing gun shows there. But the town open carries pretty much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top