Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Canby Gun Show

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by 51.50, Jun 24, 2014.

1. 51.50

51.50 West of Salem Member

Anyone going?

2. Dallas Ken

Dallas Ken Dallas Or. Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

When is it?..... must have missed the announcement.

3. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

This Saturday and Sunday. No, I will not be going as I have other commitments.

4. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

Going to try to make it.

5. barrigadaharley

barrigadaharley hillsboro Active Member

Is this a good show....I've never been to a canby show and heard recently that I should check it out......I've only been to the Portland shows.....

6. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

Just got back from it. It is quite a bit smaller than the Portland show and not everything was gun related. But less expensive than Portland and free parking. Pretty good crowd. Lots of over priced ammo and the guns were about average to slightly above average.

I found some good deals on some accessories but I was also looking for some magazines which ended up being more expensive than buying them online so I passed.

So I had fun and am glad I went. I ran into a friend there who was disappointed in the size and content.

For six bucks I would recommend checking it out.

7. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I was there for a bit this morning. As far as overpriced ammo, most I saw was a little better than what's in the stores, plus there was a fair amount of it. (was just at Fisherman's and Coastal making sure I was right) :p Some of the (little) reloading stuff was completely out of line, though. $49 for a pound of powder?
    It's a "gun and knife show". A bunch of cool knives on display, but I'm not in the market for one. Actually, wasn't in the market for anything except to kill a little time this morning.
    A fair amount of new handguns and even some decent prices on some ARs. Not very many used, older guns like I've seen in the past.

8. 51.50

I was able to get a table and sold 4 pistols and one scope and a few accessories on Saturday. The crowd was fairly constant. I have two pistols and two rifles left to sell and will be rid of the guns I don't want to keep. The lighting was poor.

9. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

I skipped the gun show but still bought 2 stripped lowers online for less than $100 shipped. Bet you couldn't find that kind of deal at any show;)

10. Mongo1

Mongo1 Santiam Canyon Active Member

two lowers were $129-

11. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

That's a pretty good deal, especially for a gun show.

12. 51.50

That price was from NorthWest Sporting goods from Dallas OR.

13. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

They had some pretty good prices on Rock River ARs, too.

51.50 likes this.
  14. natef

natef Gresham OR Active Member

What would you have estimated the turn out to be at the show? We have been kicking around the idea of going down there and doing a booth but with the cost of the booth somtimes it cost money to go and do the outlaying shows.

15. Thebastidge

Thebastidge 10411 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98662 Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in that answer as well. I may send someone just to do transfers for Washington residents if there are enough.