JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It seems to me if it's within ur rights to shoot someone stealing ur property with airsoft pepperballs (not threaten to shoot them) and then immediately transition to a real gun to be ready if needed, you would be in a good position I think against a possibly disoriented adversary. I'm not saying that is legal, but it sounds like it may be.

Alternatively u could probably point a real gun at someone stealing ur property (can u do this legally I wonder -pointing a gun at them I mean?) but u could not shoot it unless they pulled a gun or other reasonable threat of deadly force. U can't shoot if they continue to steal ur property, threaten to come back and do damage, etc. as I understand it.
You cant assume everyone is playing by the same set of rules. Goodluck.

You also need a complainant and a responding cop. And then you'd need the cop to judge the veracity of complainant's statement (since officer did not witness altercation) and your own statement. More than a few criminals have injured themselves merely by trying to run away from their crime scene on their own.
True that. I have personally witnessed two carjackings in the last year and a half (helped corner one of them with help from others) and both had knives and unfortunately didn't trip and fall on them ha ha but they were darned excited while running away so it could happen.

I am WAY ahead of ya! There is all kinds of crap out there!
These trip wire alarms work well also. Holds standard shotgun shell - - blanks. Picked up a few last year when I found evidence of a homeless person breaking into back yard.
6A360A0A-1B9E-4B87-894D-D96395016612.jpeg

The Fledermause fellas shot a vid with those. Non-lethal noisemakers, which is good if that is what you want. But totally ineffective as a weapon.
Yep, same as crap lying around, not a weapon but a deterrent of sorts. Maybe put out packages with surprises in them that look like they were just delivered from amazon? That would keep them busy...:p

Get to know the difference between.....

Use of force in the protection of property.

and

Use of deadly force in the protection of property.

Statutes vary.......so perhaps this is the time to brush up on what your local jurisdiction says. Also, read up on the definitions.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Enjoy the lawsuit.

Also, why would you assume someone stealing isn't just prepping to lure you out and kill you? We hear about these thefts going wrong all the time. You're now caught in a compromising position where you may very legitimately be in fear for your safety and your life, as well as the safety and life of your family.

While I sympathize with the situation, the idea that shooting someone with a 12 gauge, regardless of cartridge, will never actually kill someone seems optimistic...
Kinda like "l will shoot them with .45, but I will only nick them".

While I sympathize with the situation, the idea that shooting someone with a 12 gauge, regardless of cartridge, will never actually kill someone seems optimistic...
Kinda like "l will shoot them with .45, but I will only nick them".
You clearly have not taken guidance from the incoming President.

"You get yourself a shotgun, and you just shoot 'em in the leg or something."

In regards to using any sort of BB, paintball or airsoft gun, many jurisdictions categorizes these as firearms. I know that both Marion and multnomah classify these as firearms. That's why it's illegal to shoot them in your backyard. You are setting yourself up for a real colonoscopy if you shoot someone with a paintball or airsoft gun.

My homeowner's insurance provides over $100K for theft loss, but $0 liability insurance coverage for intentional bodily injury that occurs on my property.

I was going to suggest Nerf, sort of like how Native Americans would tag others to show superior prowess, but since a kid can now eat a PopTart into a gun shape and be put on death row for it*, I think you are dealing with a class of folk with no sense of individual rights, proportion or humor.
*sarcasm, for those who cant figure it out.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads