JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can do this without an ID at a gun show. At a gun show, you, as the seller, can call in for the background check. The form and the information you need to give for the background check only require ID for the buyer, not the seller. The form is here: <broken link removed> Section 31 is the place on the form where it asks for the BUYER'S ID information.

All you need is to do this at a gun show. A gun show is defined as a place where 25 or more guns are available for transfer.

No FFL is involved in this type of transfer at a gun show.

Last Edited:
You can do this without an ID at a gun show. At a gun show, you, as the seller, can call in for the background check. The form and the information you need to give for the background check only require ID for the buyer, not the seller. The form is here: <broken link removed> Section 31 is the place on the form where it asks for the BUYER'S ID information.

All you need is to do this at a gun show. A gun show is defined as a place where 25 or more guns are available for transfer.

No FFL is involved in this type of transfer at a gun show.

Unless federal laws are different in Oregon then you still need both ID's for the federal check and being at a gun show doesnt change anything.

In WA we don't need to do a WSP BGC but we still have to do the federal check before we sell a gun and it has to go thru an FFL - even at a gun show.

I could be wrong but I would verify this first with a well known FFL before I tried to go to a gun show and only do an OSP BGC.

And I would think any of the People with FFL's on this forum would have said something before now if you could do this at gun shows.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top