JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just fearless stupid I guess.
It all started as a kid when my little brother and I would compete with each other climbing up the huge fir tree in our backyard.
We each had a different colored bit of cloth that we would tie on the tree top to show how far up we had made it.
I won by climbing so far up the top was bent over and I was hanging upside down and tying the knot with one hand and my teeth.
A neighbor lady ratted us out and I got a real good whipping from my Mom when I got back down to earth.

I use lifts occasionally at work. But usually only 25' scissor lift. Even with the swaying it doesn't bother me. But 1000+ ft.
I'd do it, but I would have to make my month......maybe years wage to do it once.
I work with a few guys dealthy afraid of even being up 15-20ft.
I've had to help them several times and usually just do their work for them and tell them to go away

Just fearless stupid I guess.
It all started as a kid when my little brother and I would compete with each other climbing up the huge fir tree in our backyard.
We each had a different colored bit of cloth that we would tie on the tree top to show how far up we had made it.
I won by climbing so far up the top was bent over and I was hanging upside down and tying the knot with one hand and my teeth.
A neighbor lady ratted us out and I got a real good whipping from my Mom when I got back down to earth.
A big fir tree is 100 feet. Not 1,500. Lol

Them boys who made a livin toppin trees, hard core crazy sum biotches. They worked hard. They drank hard. Not many of'em around anymore, real loggers. The true pioneers.

I had a bit of a freakout at the top of the Astoria tower and had a very hard time getting back down. So no, I can't even look at stuff like this.

I don't get on my roof anymore either.

I had a bit of a freakout at the top of the Astoria tower and had a very hard time getting back down. So no, I can't even look at stuff like this.

I don't get on my roof anymore either.

That's a fear of falling.
A fear of heights prevents you from even trying to climb up to that height.

I used to hang iron on new building construction. There's not always a place to hook your lanyard and sliding across the wideflange or I-beam was the safest. The Valdez had 107 ft deep tanks and no soft landing if you slipped. It was at Swan Island in the early 90s. I couldn't do the heights any more w inner ear problems . I hate doing the chimney ,our roof pitch is too steep to walk on so it's all off the ladder. No thanks.

When I worked on the Narrows bridge project folks asked if I built the towers
Like someone said before
Not just no but hell no
I run heavy equipment on the ground thank you very much
Never was much for heights and it's worse now. Heck I don't even like watching those type vids.
So y'all watch that guy that climbs these towers and cranes without gear? He's on you tube and sneaks onto these things and does his filming

2,000' tower below:

I made it to the gate opening, and him messing with his carabiner.
That's enough. F that. Not watching.

I'll probably wake up tonight on the floor after having a dream about it now.
It will start right about..rem sleep

Testes failed

Mentally sure I can do it but once you factor in my body weight and not enough upper body strength... I know I would be dead. But hey when you find me in that creater I made I'll finally be thin

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top