JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This rifle is an unknown to me, i don't know where it came from, whether it's safe to fire or it's history. It's missing parts, such as the lower plate and maybe a magazine or an internal mag?

It looks to be .303, i'm guessing British?

It does have a straight pull bolt which is really cool, never seen one before.

The pictures are quick snaps with my phone so they're not the best, but you can click for full size and i'm hoping someone can identify this, tell me about it, make, model, calibre details etc.

Thanks.

20160717_172319.jpg 20160717_172246.jpg 20160717_172251.jpg
20160717_172232.jpg
20160717_172344.jpg 20160717_172405.jpg 20160717_172425.jpg 20160717_172515.jpg 20160717_172551.jpg 20160717_172624.jpg 20160717_172708.jpg 20160717_172828.jpg

Last Edited:
Well that's pretty comprehensive! Thankyou!

Just reading the .280 part, glad it should be clear this is still a .303 British.

This is missing parts, as you can see from the photos and has obviously been sporterised as well, i don't suppose parts still exist?
Seems the rifle isn't very good, so i'm hoping they're cheap :D

Yup---That's a Ross M-10. The rear sight is not original---the originals were a
fairly elaborate flip up ladder type. Missing the (fixed) magazine, front sight hood,
stock has been cut. Looks a LOT like one I sold last year, except mine was complete.

There are parts out there, but it will be a while before you locate all the bits you
need.

Please be very careful if you ever decide to shoot that rifle
It is possible to assemble that bolt so that it can be fired without being locked into battery. Any guesses where that bolt goes if fired in such a state. It will be a mind altering experience.

Please be very careful if you ever decide to shoot that rifle
It is possible to assemble that bolt so that it can be fired without being locked into battery. Any guesses where that bolt goes if fired in such a state. It will be a mind altering experience.
Yeah, i saw that info, i did a quick check and it seems it's correctly assembled.

It has, unusually, been London-Proofed post-1925 - the arm and scimitar is the stamp of the London Proof House. The civilian proof shows that it has been previously sold commercially to the public here in yUK.

However, that has to be, like any sporterised Ross, one of the saddest-looking Ross rifles I've seen in years. Rare enough in original form, recovering this old beauty back to its former state is going to cost LOADS of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Wood? VERY rare - even in Canada.

The Mk10 had had a radical redesign of the bolt to make sure that it could NOT be incorrectly assembled, so shooting it you will not get anything in your eye.

tac

This might need parting out as it technically belongs to an 'estate' - especially as completing it would cost more than (or the same as) it might be worth.

Tac, thanks for the update, that's kinda cool to know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top