JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I have been watching an episode of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, starring Jeremy Brett, in which one of Moriarty's henchmen attempts to assassinate the fictional detective with an air gun. Does anyone know if this is a real arm or simply a prop? All the other firearms in that show appear to be real (e.g., Dr. Watson has a Webley, Holmes a Sharps Derringer, at least one American villain a Colt Peacemaker, etc.).

Anyway, just curious. Here are some screenshots:

3v1owji.png

QWtZILi.png

Qo3aGJR.png

eFyz3gZ.png

To my eye ...
its looks like a prop.
There in the last picture is a close up of the lock...and there are holes where the frizzen spring for the flintlock used to be.
Also the lock has a cut and filed flat flash pan....again a flintlock feature...
So...
it appears to me , to be a modified flintlock at the very least.
Andy

I also suspect a pure prop. Seems a little more steampunk than the period air rifles I've seen.

Mildly OT: They now have one of the museum quality replicas of the Girandoni at the Fort Clatsop park. You have to ask nicely, but they'll let you see it in person and actually handle it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top