JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would depend greatly on what type of gun it is, there are different catagories under the Canadian system. Better start with questions to the Ministry.

Can someone please tell me how to go about doing this

You should contact the Canadian Firearms Centre, and Canada Customs first stating what you are doing. E.G., for competitions, for hunting, or are you wanting to buy one for export to Canada? If you want to buy(same applies if it's from a relative's estate and it is willed to you) and export, you would need to have the U.S. dealer or private person to apply for an export licence. They can ask A.T.F. and I believe Commerce Dept. for export licence/permit info. If you are buying, there are Canadian brokers that will do it all for you, for a hefty fee. If that's what you are thinking, try Questar on the web. They are importers/brokers and gun and parts sellers.

i was looking at later this summer when i get sordfishing to buy a remington nylon 76 if i can find one i,ve got all the paper work for buying guns in canada
mybe i,am better off to keep looking in canada frist

To import to Canada you will need and exporter.
First though is to find out if one of the many Federal Agencies in the USA has a restriction with that particular firearm leaves the USA.
Then the exporter.
Get the Canadian import papers send them to the exporter so he can get the export papers and after that wait.

Be damn patient it takes time.

Ken.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews