JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It's been said already, but Oregon statute does not prohibit concealed long guns.

I remember a now-retired LE friend of mine pulling a guy over who he knew was a dirtbag (but not a convicted felon, yet…), and they found a concealed and loaded shotgun behind the seat of his standard-cab pickup. My friend wanted so bad to arrest him, but the guy had not broken the law and therefore went free…
Trust but verify, without a CHL, ORS 166.250 should prohibit long guns. That says, to it may have changed since then.

Not entirely true boys. Please cite your sources, we're not governed by RCW. Please refer to ORS...

While it is true ORS 166 does not mention rifles for concealed, it also doesn't forbid it.

Requisite, "I'm not a lawyer". Trust but verify.
This is also my (amateur) understanding, specifically about whether a rifle is loaded or not in the car.

It's been said already, but Oregon statute does not prohibit concealed long guns.

I remember a now-retired LE friend of mine pulling a guy over who he knew was a dirtbag (but not a convicted felon, yet…), and they found a concealed and loaded shotgun behind the seat of his standard-cab pickup. My friend wanted so bad to arrest him, but the guy had not broken the law and therefore went free…
I remember a discussion there this type of circumstance was addressed. The reason for allowing a loaded long gun in a vehicle is the result of "case law" and a judge ruled that a long gun could not be "concealed" because it was too bulky. If you were arrested, your lawyer would have to produce the ruling in that case to get you off.

I remember a discussion there this type of circumstance was addressed. The reason for allowing a loaded long gun in a vehicle is the result of "case law" and a judge ruled that a long gun could not be "concealed" because it was too bulky. If you were arrested, your lawyer would have to produce the ruling in that case to get you off.
I was in Hawaii taking the required hunter safety course and the DLNR guy comes in and starts talking about the number of people he's rolled up on that had loaded rifles in the car in which is illegal in Hawaii, and his subsequent discussion on the number of people trying to get the rounds out before he arrived blowing holes in their car.

While he was talking, I am couldn't help but think, "they wouldn't have been messing around with unloading their gun quickly in the car if it wasn't illegal...".

But what do I know?

Thoughts on the brace?
I ended up SBRing it and the b&t usw is really light years beyond them all. Tiny package, aluminum, red dot that doesn't move, solid lockup of stock, extremely well designed one screw in the front to remove it. Has nice charging handle. Can see regular sights in addition to red dot. Can use regular slide release take down lever etc. It's just extremely well thought out and executed and imo worth every penny.

IMO the recover tactical brace is better than nothing for sure but it was pretty uncomfortable to use for me. I tested it head to head with flux (old style) and endo tactical. I don't see any issues as far as build quality it's just plastic and everything that goes along with that. It's just ok. I much preferred the flux brace as far as shooting comfort and the endo tactical plus folding adapter plus AR buffer tube plus brace is the best of the three due to length of pull. But it's bulky of course compared to the others.

Last Edited:
So the recover tactical brace is better than nothing for sure but it was pretty uncomfortable to use for me. I tested it head to head with flux (old style) and endo tactical. I don't see any issues as far as build quality it's just plastic and everything that goes along with that. It's just ok. I much preferred the flux brace as far as shooting comfort and the endo tactical plus folding adapter plus AR buffer tube plus brace is the best of the three due to length of pull. But it's bulky of course compared to the others.

I ended up SBRing it and the b&t usw is really light years beyond them all. Tiny package, aluminum, red dot that doesn't move, solid lockup of stock, extremely well designed one screw in the front to remove it. Has nice charging handle. Can see regular sights in addition to red dot. Can use regular slide release take down lever etc. It's just extremely well thought out and executed and imo worth every penny.

First of all, that looks amazing, especially with full auto. The problems of course- it's very spendy and looks like they only have a "stock" model and not a "brace" model, meaning I would be required to SBR it. Accurate?

I think the Recover Tactical brace does a pretty good job considering the cost and "brace" status. I'm looking online this weekend, and I can get the brace, bonus mag holder and upper rail adapter for only ~$165, which is getting close to actually being an interesting investment (instead of just buying a different firearm.)

Compare that to the B&T at $430+ for just the rig, goodness. That's almost the price of a used Glock.

edit: Were you using the upper rail adapter w/ reddot when using the recover tactical? I've heard it's pretty uncomfortable unless you use that specifically.

First of all, that looks amazing, especially with full auto. The problems of course- it's very spendy and looks like they only have a "stock" model and not a "brace" model, meaning I would be required to SBR it. Accurate?

I think the Recover Tactical brace does a pretty good job considering the cost and "brace" status. I'm looking online this weekend, and I can get the brace, bonus mag holder and upper rail adapter for only ~$165, which is getting close to actually being an interesting investment (instead of just buying a different firearm.)

Compare that to the B&T at $430+ for just the rig, goodness. That's almost the price of a used Glock.

edit: Were you using the upper rail adapter w/ reddot when using the recover tactical? I've heard it's pretty uncomfortable unless you use that specifically.
Familiarize yourself with brace legalities, before investing a bunch of money on something you can't use as you wish…

atf.jpg

Please note that mine is not full auto, not sure why you seem to imply that it is.

You can get USW here for $355. But now that brace rule deadline has passed you need a $200 stamp. That part was free a few months ago if you owned them prior to jan 31 (I think that was the date). They used to make a braced USW model also but I don't know if they do anymore (I assume no, but haven't looked into it).

Agree with camelfilter above one would want to read up on current brace legalities to make sure you know what you are getting into and stay legal.

I did not use the red dot adapter with recover tactical brace so I can't comment on that part.

B&T USW makes gun feel and shoot as if it was a purpose-built Swiss made PDW. Others feel like it's a Glock with plastic chassis attached. Also with braces now needing a sbr stamp according to atf that changes the equation for braces I think. As far as shooting, build quality, and utility of the options listed I would personally rank them this way, with 10 being the best:

B&T USW - 10
Flux brace (original style) - 3.5
Endo tactical with ar tube and brace - 3
Recover tactical - 2.5

Note that all NFA laws apply to any of these options.

Last Edited:
Familiarize yourself with brace legalities, before investing a bunch of money on something you can't use as you wish…
I'm familiar with the new ATF brace rules, and that FPC and GOA members have an injunction, and that it's likely to be overturned considering not only the Bruen decision but also yesterday's frame and receiver decision, and last year's EPA decision.... also very familiar with State of Jefferson ;)

Please note that mine is not full auto, not sure why you seem to imply that it is.

You can get USW here for $355. But now that brace rule deadline has passed you need a $200 stamp. That part was free a few months ago if you owned them prior to jan 31 (I think that was the date). They used to make a braced USW model also but I don't know if they do anymore (I assume no, but haven't looked into it).

Agree with camelfilter above one would want to read up on current brace legalities to make sure you know what you are getting into and stay legal.

I did not use the red dot adapter with recover tactical brace so I can't comment on that part.

B&T USW makes gun feel and shoot as if it was a purpose-built Swiss made PDW. Others feel like it's a Glock with plastic chassis attached. Also with braces now needing a sbr stamp according to atf that changes the equation for braces I think. As far as shooting, build quality, and utility of the options listed I would personally rank them this way, with 10 being the best:

B&T USW - 10
Flux brace (original style) - 3.5
Endo tactical with ar tube and brace - 3
Recover tactical - 2.5

Note that all NFA laws apply to any of these options.
I'm not implying your rig is full auto, I'm saying that brace would be great for it, if for whatever reason the NFA gets overturned. $350 is better but still would require a stamp, again bringing it closer to the cost of an entirely new Glock. It does look extremely well made though, and certainly puts the other conversion kits to shame. I may jump into stamp collecting some day but I'm waiting to see how the AFT holds up after the Bruen decision, I'd rather they not have any more of my info than necessary.

Feels like every time I ask around about this Recover Tactical kit, or even other kits, the majority advice is always "it's not great, get something else" so I'll probably pass this time too. Even you're rating all the others pretty low, I imagine none are good except the well machined B&T. Then again, the Glock itself is "plastic chassis attached."

I'm familiar with the new ATF brace rules, and that FPC and GOA members have an injunction, and that it's likely to be overturned considering not only the Bruen decision but also yesterday's frame and receiver decision, and last year's EPA decision.... also very familiar with State of Jefferson ;)

I'm not implying your rig is full auto, I'm saying that brace would be great for it, if for whatever reason the NFA gets overturned. $350 is better but still would require a stamp, again bringing it closer to the cost of an entirely new Glock. It does look extremely well made though, and certainly puts the other conversion kits to shame. I may jump into stamp collecting some day but I'm waiting to see how the AFT holds up after the Bruen decision, I'd rather they not have any more of my info than necessary.

Feels like every time I ask around about this Recover Tactical kit, or even other kits, the majority advice is always "it's not great, get something else" so I'll probably pass this time too. Even you're rating all the others pretty low, I imagine none are good except the well machined B&T. Then again, the Glock itself is "plastic chassis attached."
Makes sense thx. I would say on recover or the others it depends on how much stability is important to you. Any of these add a huge advantage in accuracy (both short and long). If you add a front vertical grip then that increases stability even more. If you add a non moving red dot you have a gun where shooting fast and accurately is very easy, not quite up to full PCC standards (which are heavier and bigger) but not that far off.

This video on the USW is worth watching if you haven't seen it yet. If time limited skip to 7:00 mark to see stability when shooting fast with it (note lack of muzzle rise compared to shooting offhand with no stability).

If someone can find an Oregon Revised Statute that expressly prohibits the concealed carry of any weapons except that covered by the handgun license (limited to handguns obviously)... I'd like to see that.
Sorry, didn't read the whole thread:

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread:
Looking at both relevant statutes, it seems that a CHL holder may conceal carry any firearm type? I do not see where in the Concealed Handgun License issuance or "persons not affected" sections, does it expressly prohibits the concealed carry of rifles, shotgun, any other weapon, SBR/SBS and restricts it to only handguns other than the name of the license (Concealed Handgun)

Edit. What I mean is.. I do not see where a CHL is limited to handguns in writing. Only that "unlawful possession of weapons" says " conceals any firearm" if person is not a CHL holder?

Looking at both relevant statutes, it seems that a CHL holder may conceal carry any firearm type? I do not see where in the Concealed Handgun License issuance or "persons not affected" sections, does it expressly prohibits the concealed carry of rifles, shotgun, any other weapon, SBR/SBS and restricts it to only handguns other than the name of the license (Concealed Handgun)

Edit. What I mean is.. I do not see where a CHL is limited to handguns in writing. Only that "unlawful possession of weapons" says " conceals any firearm" if person is not a CHL holder?
It says you can't conceal firearms or some knives in another section. Then gives a CHL. That would be a weird interpretation that a CHL allows you to carry the other firearms or knives that you specifically can't ever carry.

It says you can't conceal firearms or some knives in another section. Then gives a CHL. That would be a weird interpretation that a CHL allows you to carry the other firearms or knives that you specifically can't ever carry.

The exceptions.

Only conceal of specific weapons prohibited but openly carry of these weapons seems to be legal.

In 166.250 it only states "any firearm concealed" as an offense.

If you're talking about 166.272;
It only says that it's an affirmative defense if the person possessing these specific firearms have registered them with the Federals (ATF stamped).

The exceptions.

Only conceal of specific weapons prohibited but openly carry of these weapons seems to be legal.

In 166.250 it only states "any firearm concealed" as an offense.

If you're talking about 166.272;
It only says that it's an affirmative defense if the person possessing these specific firearms have registered them with the Federals (ATF stamped).

Which is why I was so adamant about Washington peeps using Washington law to give guidance to Oregon law.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top