JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a stock and barrel for a 10 22 rifle. I am trying to learn how to work on guns and this seemed like a fairly cheap way to try. Upon further investigation, I can't find a receiver anywhere. Can you buy just a receiver? Or better yet, where can I go from here? I'm thinking I might have made a mistake.

You can not buy just a receiver from Ruger as far as I am aware. There are many companies that make 10/22 receiver. Tactical innovations, NDS, Volquartsen to name a few off the top of my head.

Yes if you order a receiver it will have to be shipped to an FFL.

I bought a cheap no name reciever off gunbroker.com. Then, I bought a good bolt, custom barrel, custom scope rail, custom stock and pretty much built a really nice custom 10/22 for not more than 150-200 bucks more than a stock of the rack 10/22 would cost.

Plus, I don't end up with all those worthless take off parts that no one wants to buy from you.

You could always buy an 80% receiver.

A company called Razor makes 80% recievers and the jigs for finishing them. The advantage is that they are all milled not cast like ruger recievers. They only require a few drilling and tapping operations to finish them. As cheap as barrels and stocks are I have considered building one, I think I have a source for bolts and trigger groups.

A company called Razor makes 80% recievers and the jigs for finishing them. The advantage is that they are all milled not cast like ruger recievers. They only require a few drilling and tapping operations to finish them. As cheap as barrels and stocks are I have considered building one, I think I have a source for bolts and trigger groups.

These look great. I'm going in this direction.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top