JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A bad prank, a booby trap, or a strange set of circumstances? These photos are of a shotgun purchased online and shipped to a dealer in VA. The BATFE was notified when it was realized the receiver was modified to hold a pistol round aimed at the person firing the weapon. The weapon was loaded with a .380 ACP round. The trigger group obscured the round until the weapon was broken down for inspection. When chambering the shell the weapon would be cycled with the slide action bar coming into contact with the primer on the pistol round pointed at the shooter. It had marks from being struck but the round did not discharge. Had it fired it was aligned with the top of the pistol grip stock and would have possibly struck the shooter in the face. This is obscure but still a little scary.
21761721_1667003026663872_7170281975256968984_n.jpg 21761354_1667003033330538_5960372527460452140_n.jpg

Facebook isn't exactly a reputable source, I once forwarded a message that was supposed to make me rich... it didn't work:(

That said it's worth keeping a eye out.

Which is why I'll do a complete tear down and reassembly of a gun I buy second hand....

No exceptions.

Which is why I'll do a complete tear down and reassembly of a gun I buy second hand....

No exceptions.

That's part of the fun of buying a gun- tearing it all apart and checking it out. I can't remember a time when that wasn't the very first thing I did.

I do it because I enjoy taking things apart to see how they work, but that would be a disconcerting surprise for sure.

Crime-prevention-in-case-of-theft prototype?
"Man tries to rob store with shotgun, shoots himself in face"

Smart-ish girlfriend who found her man cheating?
"If he goes out into the woods, theyll never find his body"

In all seriousness Just goes to show gun safety is a lot more then the four big rules,

It takes a really warped mind to come up with something like this. It's fortunate that someone broke it down far enough to discover it. Hopefully whoever did it will be found. I'd like to know why it was done.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top