JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Payless is what Rite Aide drug stores used to be called
I have some CCI primers with .67 cent price tags from BiMart on them bought mid to late 60's

The old Payless stores in the 60's were great. Sporting goods section had all the fishing and hunting stuff a person could ever ask for. Total shame they evolved into Rite Aid

I really miss the old White Elephant prices, CCI Mini Mags $9.99 a brick, Blazers $8.99 a brick. Even now, we are starting to miss the "new good old days" of $20 bulk packs of .22 LR ammo. If I recall correctly, the CCI Speer Lawman ammo was around $10 for a box of 50 .38 spec or .357 Mag with Speer JHP bullets. And they had cheap .38 Spec Win ammo (158 gr RN lead) for $5.99 for a box of 50. Hmmm, I guess this means I am old, too.....

Even better to buy the carton

primers.jpg

When I was learning to reload in the early '70s, the guy that was teaching me sent me down to Payless for a lb of 4831, and a brick of primers.
I walked out with both and didn't spend $20.00.
I was hooked!

xlsbob,

Thanks for the picture. Seeing is believing.

IIRC.........those red colored boxes came after the green boxes. In other words, you got ........"a hell of a sale/price."

Anyway, in my quest to show my oldest.......

View attachment 137858

$8 a brick (CCI brand). So, that would be 80 cents per 100.

LOL.......you know how some folks are always asking about "shelf life of primers?" Actually, I've stopped re-loading large caliber rifle rounds for quite some time now. So, I don't know if they work. But, I'd take a bet that they do. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

What are they going for now? If you can find them? $40/thou at Cabela's.

If you're really desperate you can go to "Bruno's" and pay $60 plus ship and hazmat fees of around $50/shipment.

Not sure if one needs Astroglide or Preparation H in order to shop with "Bruno".

The old PayLess drug store in Lloyd Center is one of the places I would go to buy sporting goods in the 60's. Bought two nice Eagle Claw trout spinning rods for a $1.99 each. Going through a bunch of empty ammo boxes yesterday and came across a few old plastic Coast to Coast Mastercraft .22LR boxes.They look exactly like the CCI 100 pack boxes but they are over 45 years old. I liked the boxes but the ammo cost about twice as much. So I would just buy the old paper boxed 22's and then just transfer them over to the plastic boxes.

OMG, I remember a Red Brick of .22lr @ $4.50, individually 49c. New then, CCI Primers @ .49 also.....Oh, a 5 or 10lb brown paper bag of surplus 4831 was 59c a lb. 50c if you bought the whole 37lb white cloth bag from a battleship gun. Sporting goods store out in N. Portland on the way to Scappose: those were the days! lol

If you're really desperate you can go to "Bruno's" and pay $60 plus ship and hazmat fees of around $50/shipment.

Not sure if one needs Astroglide or Preparation H in order to shop with "Bruno".

Vaseline

Shipping primers is expensive and annoying. However it doesn't seem he's doing you any favors to start with, and it also seems like he's doing little to "lube" the process along, looks more like kerosine and beach sand is his favorite lube.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top