JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never thought of that. I bet one of the instructors on here would know the answer to that. Regardless if there is a specific law forbidding being drunk while carrying I bet reckless endangerment would stick.

That's a +1 on that.
I don't touch anything that's motorized, electrified, even with one drink...let alone something that goes bang. I carry all the time...therefore I no longer drink. :s0159:

Will

Besides what has already been stated in regards to safety. I think one questio would be if you had protect yourself and then go to court, it likely would not go well if intoxication came up.

Drinking seems to lead to alot of unwanted problems and attention for most.. even if your not the one causing it.. So l would think if any such law allowed you to do it, it should be taken away. thats just asking for trouble

I didn't dig up any OR or WA statute prohibiting it, but there's a good chance your license would be revoked if you got caught.

Doesn't really matter, though - I bet it's unlikely a drunk CHL holder would wind up on the radar unless he was being arrested for something that would get his license revoked anyway.

I can't find specifics, but I have run into a number of statements that the same BAC limits governing use and control of a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol also apply to concealed carry.

Better safe than sorry. If you're going out boozing, leave the iron at home.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top