JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
seen this posted oregon live correcting a previous article

Possession while transporting them to any of these activities will be permitted as long as the large-capacity magazine is not inserted into the firearm and is locked in a separate container.

Licensed firearms dealers will have 180 days after Jan. 15 to sell or transfer magazines to an out-of-state gun dealer or person out of state or to destroy them. After 180 days, no new magazines may be manufactured unless the manufacturing is for exclusive sale or transfer to the military or law enforcement and includes a permanent stamp or marking indicating that the large-capacity magazine was manufactured or assembled after the effective date.

If a gun is bought with a 9 or 30 round magazine, it is a "STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINE".
First: This quote correctly points out that a counted 'standard capacity' cannot be a general term - it's weapon dependent. A JMB 1911-design handgun has a standard capacity magazine of SEVEN rounds. A modern AR-15-pattern 5.65 is usually THIRTY.

Second: idiot legislators get to make up non-sensical legal definitions. Until we change legislators and change laws, we're stuck with their errors. Don't have to like it.

In a discussion of legalities, using the legal term is pretty much required; in a less formal discussion, everyone will know what you mean.

First: This quote correctly points out that a counted 'standard capacity' cannot be a general term - it's weapon dependent. A JMB 1911-design handgun has a standard capacity magazine of SEVEN rounds. A modern AR-15-pattern 5.65 is usually THIRTY.

Second: idiot legislators get to make up non-sensical legal definitions. Until we change legislators and change laws, we're stuck with their errors. Don't have to like it.

In a discussion of legalities, using the legal term is pretty much required; in a less formal discussion, everyone will know what you mean.
First: You do you.
Second: I'll do me.
They are standard capacity magazines and I don't give a damn what an idiot legislator puts on paper.

Hello, Since we can keep our high capacity mags after 114. What about if I want to getting rid of it? Or I want to sell the guns with the mags? Do anybody have any insight on this matter? I know that it will be unlawful to transfer within Oregon state. And to other states that prohibit it.
All I have are the standard capacity 30 rounders, nothing high capacity about them..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top