JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, Since we can keep our high capacity mags after 114. What about if I want to getting rid of it? Or I want to sell the guns with the mags? Do anybody have any insight on this matter? I know that it will be unlawful to transfer within Oregon state. And to other states that prohibit it.

(2) Notwithstanding ORS 166.250 to 166.470, and except as expressly provided in subsections (3) to (5) of this section, a person commits the crime of unlawful manufacture, importation, possession, use, purchase, sale or otherwise transferring of large-capacity magazines if the person manufactures, imports, possesses, uses, purchases, sells or otherwise transfers any large-capacity magazine in Oregon on or after the effective date of this 2022 Act.

Hire a lawyer to interpret it. I read it a couple different ways because it is so poorly written.

You can sell out of state, after the law goes into effect, if you transport the mags out of state first.

It isn't exactly clear from the law whether you can ship them out of the state. You certainly cannot manufacture them here and ship them out of state unless the transfer is to the government.

You can sell out of state, after the law goes into effect, if you transport the mags out of state first.

It isn't exactly clear from the law whether you can ship them out of the state. You certainly cannot manufacture them here and ship them out of state unless the transfer is to the government.
The law is not clear and will have to wait and see what happens.
So, it looks like investing into a bunch of magazine is a waste of money if you can't get rid of it. It would be messed up if you can sell the gun but can't sell the mags with it even if it's out of state.

What are these "hi capacity" magazines you speak of?
This is a large capacity magazine:

1668626823688.png

Yes. Outside of the state according to what I read is alright.

In fact, a lot of sellers unfortunately will have to do that should they sell a pistol or rifle with a surplus of no-no mags that are now banned. Again, the Southwest Firearms classifieds is about to blow up with mag sale offerings from Oregon and Washington..

I guess we could still sell/trade on the black market which will no doubt happen as it still goes on in Washington.. but after seeing the certain statist "types" on reddit and the local DA here in Oregon.. I can fully see Oregon attempting forum stings so they have poster boys for misdemeanor punishments which will help them scare gun owners.. so the first people to get caught selling/trading no doubt will be used as examples by Oregons anti gun SS squad.

A word of warning for sellers post 114 law:
DO NOT SELL STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINES…(to new, unvetted members)..

^ which is obviously what I would say as a joke and not at all encourage members to break the law.. ;)
There you go fascist Oregon DA reading this.. letting you know Im merely kidding here.

(2) Notwithstanding ORS 166.250 to 166.470, and except as expressly provided in subsections (3) to (5) of this section, a person commits the crime of unlawful manufacture, importation, possession, use, purchase, sale or otherwise transferring of large-capacity magazines if the person manufactures, imports, possesses, uses, purchases, sells or otherwise transfers any large-capacity magazine in Oregon on or after the effective date of this 2022 Act.

Nothing in that excerpt forbids the export or sale outside of the state of Oregon.

So, it looks like investing into a bunch of magazine is a waste of money if you can't get rid of it. It would be messed up if you can sell the gun but can't sell the mags with it even if it's out of state.
I don't intend to sell guns or mags. For the most part I don't buy & sell guns/etc. for investment purposes. I buy them to use. If I sell a gun/etc., it is because my thoughts on how useful it would be have changed.

I do agree that if someone is thinking of buying mags in Oregon as an investment, this probably is not wise.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top