J&B Firearm Sales
Defensive Arts
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Oregon Rifleworks
Sporting Systems
Low Price Guns
HighLine Firearms
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Simply Triggers
Gun Deals
Oregon Arms & Ammunition

Can Washington state residents buy Rifles in Oregon?

Can I?

  • Yes

    Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No

    Votes: 3 21.4%

  • Total voters
Can a Washington state resident buy a Rifles in Oregon? From a Oregon resident at FFL?

Wondering if anyone knows if I can buy a Rifle out of state?


I'll take a stab at this.
The Oregon seller would have to meet you at a WA FFL or ship it to a WA FFL for the transfer.
You can't buy from an OR FFL directly as a WA resident.
You should be able to buy a hunting rifle but I doubt any dealer in Oregon would take the chance.
I can see the AG in Washington going after other states for rifle purchases like they did over sales tax on the internet.
I voted yes because if a WA law says no, then it is unconstitutional, for sure! You should do it, get arrested, then sue the state of Washington all the way up to the Supreme Court of the United States...from prison.

Or just follow the unconstitutional law if you're a wuss. That's an option, I suppose.
Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?
A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Unlicensed Persons | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives


Oakanogan Gun Show
Oakanogan County Fairgrounds
175 Rodeo Trail, Okanogan, WA 98840, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA


  • 36 Pit
    3.00 star(s)
    I'm probably just reiterating what others have said, but I like hearing (seeing) myself speak. This gets 3 stars because when the place isn't...
  • Cascade Loan & Sporting Goods
    3.00 star(s)
    I am giving this review because at one time I was a really big customer there. Back in the day, I bought at least a dozen used guns from Cascade...
  • Cabela's - Tualatin
    1.00 star(s)
    Took the day off today to go see my cancer Dr in Potland and stopped by Cabelas on the way back to work. They were open an hour early (9:00) for...
  • Cabela's - Tualatin
    3.00 star(s)
    My review is from a visit I made to Cabela's at the start of May 2020. I was there strictly to shop for a Pietta black powder revolver. Because...
  • Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    I've used Gordon several times for transfers and even bought a couple guns through him and I have always been treated excellent!
Top Bottom