JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Can I?

• Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
I'll take a stab at this.
The Oregon seller would have to meet you at a WA FFL or ship it to a WA FFL for the transfer.
You can't buy from an OR FFL directly as a WA resident.

I'll take a stab at this.
The Oregon seller would have to meet you at a WA FFL or ship it to a WA FFL for the transfer.
You can't buy from an OR FFL directly as a WA resident.

You should be able to buy a hunting rifle but I doubt any dealer in Oregon would take the chance.
I can see the AG in Washington going after other states for rifle purchases like they did over sales tax on the internet.

I voted yes because if a WA law says no, then it is unconstitutional, for sure! You should do it, get arrested, then sue the state of Washington all the way up to the Supreme Court of the United States...from prison.

Or just follow the unconstitutional law if you're a wuss. That's an option, I suppose.

A Washington state resident can buy a long gun from an Oregon resident and transfer it at an FFL in Oregon. A handgun has to be transferred at an FFL in Washington.

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?
A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Unlicensed Persons | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top