Sporting Systems
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
J&B Firearm Sales
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Southwest Firearms Forum

Can they just tell you not to buy guns?

Reactions
"Buying two or more guns is inherently suspicious."

Does anyone else get a cold, ominous chill upon hearing something like that from our own government?

I'd still like to know why he was barred from "purchase"...I assume that meant possessing guns...:rolleyes:

Pay no attention to the dweebs behind the curtain attempting to sound like they know what they're talking about... :s0114::s0123::s0140::s0092::s0054::s0146:

Reactions
ATF says buying more than 2 guns at once is suspicious? where and when...
I have purchased 1 rifle, 1 revolver, 1 auto load pistol, and 1 silencer (<--- as soon as paperwork arrives) over the past few weeks. Should I expect a knock at my door soon?

I should add that these guns were all purchased from the same store.

If it's right after you got your Economic Stimulus Rebate Check, you're good to go.

I don't think the actual sale is held up, but I'd bet you're taken a closer look at to make sure it wasn't a sale made under a fake name or something. The standard background check doesn't look to see if you're you as much as if your name pops up as a person prohibited from possession. I don't know if they look to see if you have a DL or ID card since that by itself is not conclusive either way. If you put in for a suppressor, that sort of extra scrutiny is already being done.

OP
sweetbeard
Reactions
The point is he bought them under an assumed name because they said he couldn't buy any more.. no mention if he was a criminal, if he was they would have called him a convicted felon.

they just said he was BANNED from buying guns?

Reactions
The standard background check doesn't look to see if you're you as much as if your name pops up as a person prohibited from possession. I don't know if they look to see if you have a DL or ID card since that by itself is not conclusive either way. If you put in for a suppressor, that sort of extra scrutiny is already being done.
The first 2 guns I bought, the background check phone calls went really fast. I purchased the 3rd gun (revolver) a couple of days ago and the fella was on the phone for a very long time. I was actually getting kind of concerned. He eventually did say that I was good to go though. I am thinking about getting another rifle before deer season, I wonder how long this call will take?...

On a side note, I still havn't received my stimulus check yet.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Rifle April 5th
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Had my first transaction with Steve and will be recommending him to anyone in my circle. Good guy with a really helpful attitude and goes the...
    • SonnyJim
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to pick up some parts for an AR style 10/22 and to start my journey into building an AR by picking up a lower. Staff was super helpful and...
    • Hueco
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been a member for 6 years, been shooting there (as a guest) for three years before that. I found the Ladies League and was hooked. It's the...
    • PacwestDefense

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS