JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

A Republic, if You Can Keep It . . . | What Would The Founders Think? :
At the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, Franklin was queried as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation. In the notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland's delegates to the Convention, a lady asked Dr. Franklin "Well Doctor what have we got, a republic or a monarchy." Franklin replied, "A republic . . . if you can keep it."

By Right, our system of government is "BY the People, OF the People, FOR the People" and it is WE THE PEOPLE who hold the leash of our Government and not justices, Politicians, or even Presidents! If SCOTUS fails to rule, if Government officials or Politicians over step the limits of their granted authority , then it is the RIGHT and with in the powers of the people to change things, and there are several ways to do so! The trick is getting enough Good People to stand up and make that change!

Nanny-State-400x266.jpg
:rolleyes:

Seriously, the notion that some idiotic government apparatus gets to dictate to a free people what they say, what they think, how they take care of business and family, what they put in their body, who they go to bed with, what they own, and how they protect those they love and their community, et al., is a farce. (Yes, I realize I'm a wacky individual living in the forests of southern Oregon, but something tells me Jefferson would approve. :p)

View attachment 636796

Seriously, the notion that some idiotic government apparatus gets to dictate to a free people what they say, what they think, how they take care of business and family, what they put in their body, who they go to bed with, what they own, and how they protect those they love and their community, et al., is a farce. (Yes, I realize I'm a wacky individual living in the forests of southern Oregon, but something tells me Jefferson would approve. :p)
Your absolutely right in every sense, and your not wacky, even living in the forest with all Gods creatures great and small!
It's time we reminded those who serve US that WE are their boss and what WE say IS LAW, not what a few men and women in black robes decide for us, or a few politicians who are in it for their own self interests!

View attachment 636796

Exactly so. When it comes to the individual, the guiding principle is that, with few exceptions, government may only restrict behavior - and then only to protect uninvolved third parties.

For example, government may not restrict ownership of firearms, but may reasonably restrict their use to maintain public safety.

Exactly so. When it comes to the individual, the guiding principle is that, with few exceptions, government may only restrict behavior - and then only to protect uninvolved third parties.

For example, government may not restrict ownership of firearms, but may reasonably restrict their use to maintain public safety.
The problem comes when individuals in positions of power decide on their own ( Usually with good intentions) to limit We the People! Take the "Old West" as an example, banning guns in town to prevent violence in the public spaces, Was it Legal, NOPE, but there was no one to stop them from doing that, and even if there was, would they have allowed it to stand even though it isn't legal/a violation of the 2nd? THIS is what we have happening today, a bunch of misguided souls making decisions based on Good Intentions or the desire to exert power and or influence over others!

The problem comes when individuals in positions of power decide on their own ( Usually with good intentions) to limit We the People! Take the "Old West" as an example, banning guns in town to prevent violence in the public spaces, Was it Legal, NOPE, but there was no one to stop them from doing that, and even if there was, would they have allowed it to stand even though it isn't legal/a violation of the 2nd? THIS is what we have happening today, a bunch of misguided souls making decisions based on Good Intentions or the desire to exert power and or influence over others!

Agreed. But further, I find irony in how most people will decry government intrusion into their lives in one breath and then demand legislation to compel the behavior of others.

Some, for example, will rage against the government entering the bedroom, but then insist on limiting the amount of water used per each flush of their neighbor's toilet. And this mentality is found on all ends of the political spectrums; few are willing to truly embrace the rational application of liberty.

Until "We the People" provide a unified front on these government over reaches, and demand restoration, there will be no change. That genie left the bottle many, many decades ago.

Our ancestors, collectively, allowed the government to over reach and begin eating the elephant, one bite at a time.

A nibble here, a taste there, occasionally a larger bite, and here we are, wondering why our God given, Constitutional and Civil Rights are constantly being attacked???

A disruptive, uncompromising and united front is what I see as necessary to stop the government from running roughshod over our Second Amendment Rights. It seems to be the only thing the powers to be can truly understand. Could end up getting messy, but ya know, that there tree of Liberty is a might but parched and wilting...

This article appears to confuse "is" with "ought".

What is, is that the federal government bans all sorts of things (in addition to other things that it mandates). However it ought not to do that.

The difference here between "is" and "ought" brings into question the utility of constitutions:

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
-- Lysander Spooner

Can a natural right be banned? I mean a lot of big heads can tell me where I can and can't poop but I'm still gonna poop.

I think it's all just infringing on a natural right... And I would like it if I could just poop in peace without a bunch of intrusive pricks trying to shove their moral values down my throat. Or in the case of the current politicians immoral values.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top