Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Question Can someone tell me why NWFA is as slow as molasses?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by mjbskwim, Apr 23, 2016.

1. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I am on my android power POS on either chrome or Mozilla and only having problems with this sight. Takes forever to switch around ,freezes when I try to check notices.
    And I am on WiFi 2 feet from the box. It costs too much to not be on WiFi so no,I haven't tried it otherwise.

WAYNO likes this.
  2. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

Didn't used to be...
    ...then, they went and "improved" the he11 out of it!

Whether phone, tablet, laptop or desktop, using Mozilla, Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari on Android, Windows, Apple, whatever, it now hangs, slows, stops, jumps, bumps. My take is, it's so overloaded with ads all loading and re-loading that it never finishes or completes a page, creating conflicts as you make your selections.....but that's just a wild guess by my non-techy part.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Medic!, mjbskwim and WAYNO like this.
  3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Works fine for me that I have noticed.

Medic! likes this.
  4. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired Saint Helens Well-Known Member

I have lots of trouble with it. Every time I start it the program stops responding, then eventually starts again. I cannot use the back arrow in my browser as it doesn't respond, so I have to hit the reload button and once it starts I can then hit the back arrow and it usually works. I only have this problem on this site. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

5. fxdc

fxdc Da Valley USPSA, SPEED STEEL, IDPA, 3 GUN

I'm on my galaxy S5 and since the upgrade it's gotten slow... didn't use to be.

There was a improvement about 2 yrs ago and it did the same thing. The other forums work fine from my phone.

6. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Try downloading Firefox safari or chrome to see if that improves things for you.

If it does then it is your computer and not the site probably.

7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This site, just screams, on my six month old IPad! I keep yanking my finger away from the touch screen! My reflexes think I'm going to get bitten! :rolleyes: Just sayin'.

Oh yeah, using Safari.

8. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I have tried both and right now on chrome it's rocken so I'll just use it instead of mozzilla

9. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks for the feedback guys. When I'm trying to track these things down the more details I get the better :)

10. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

Reset Firefox back to default settings. I run FF and have had no issues. Then again, I run a PC and have full control
    Something is tied to whatever your using and robbing your bandwidth

11. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Boot licker. :s0140:

Joe13 likes this.
  12. Joe13

Your not being excellent to me and my feelings are hurt now:p:eek:

It's not my fault y'all use PC's and Androids:D

Medic! likes this.
  13. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

You are a good man Joe.

I will be sure to go ''Full Excellent'' in the near future. ;)

Joe13 likes this.
  14. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

You could ask Obama to open the valve on the innerwebs, see if that speeds things up.