JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am finally finished with mine. New front KAC buis in taupe (FDE), KAC 300m rear buis, new eotech g33 magnifier.

IMG_7295_zpse0ccd06e.jpg

That particular lower was engraved back when I lived in AZ. All the items I have had engraved here in OR were done at Bye Engraving in Portland (link below). If I remember right they charge around $30.....

...when I lived in AZ.
When/where in AZ?

As mentioned there is 300+ pages of hatred and name calling over on arf.com (and some good information on the Mk 18 too). A lot to sift through, but a couple guys that really know there stuff and as per usual, a bunch of interweb commandos.

FWIW...

1026130129_zps72ec4492.jpg

I have pretty much lived in the PHX metro area most of my life up until 2012. I finlly got tired of the heat and got the heck out of there.....
I went down to Tempe for skool and wound up sticking around after, was there for 10-years. Wonderful time of my life, but too hot, dirty and way too many people.

Another few updates on the rifle... Cerakote on the receivers in patriot brown color, added the Surefire SF4P flash hider/ suppressor adapter and I have a Surefire Socom 5.56 RC FDE suppressor inbound from Curt's Shooter Supply....

IMG_7559_zps85d0ab12.jpg

Very cool!

How does it run?

My MOD 0 seems to "short stroke" like its not getting enough gas. Planning on trying a different buffer to see if that might help out.

No problems running a regular carbine buffer. I read that a h2 buffer should be ran on these though. I just ordered one from BCM. What kind of buffer and ammo are you using?

Early Mk18 Mod 0's were produced in house by NSW Cane using LMT uppers. On guns I've seen, lowers can be anything from M4's to M16A1/A2 arsenal rebuilds. The rest of the Mk18 Mod 0 uppers were built by Colt. Later complete guns were made by Colt with a lot of parts being supplied by Crane.

Guys on AR15.com are little too anal on the details. I've seen SEAL MK18's with all mish mash of parts.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top