JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I am thinking of purchasing a firearm from a private party. Is it possible to have someone on here run the serial number for me to let me know if it is stolen? I highly doubt it is stolen, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

If you are willing to run the number for me, please let me know by replying here, or with a PM.

Thank you very much!

Hello all,

I am thinking of purchasing a firearm from a private party. Is it possible to have someone on here run the serial number for me to let me know if it is stolen? I highly doubt it is stolen, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

If you are willing to run the number for me, please let me know by replying here, or with a PM.

Thank you very much!

Why the paranoia? Is there something about teh person that you do not trust? Even if you call the OSP, or you have the transfer done through an FFl, you still will not KNOW that someone could not call in to their PD and report it stolen at a later date.

There are stolen weapons out there, but they are a miniscule number compared to the number of legal firearms available. If the person you are purchasing from tells you the weapon is not stolen, why do you not believe him? Are you not trustworthy yourself?

Over all of my years I have found, those that are trustworthy, trust another person's word, those that are not trust worthy, do not trust anyone.

This is a good link...you might want to read this: Raging Against Self Defense: A psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality, By Sarah Thompson, M.D.

Somewhere on that site there is another good paper by this same gal. You might want to find it too...

The Oregon number will ONLY run the check for you if you are physically in the presence of it. That is so they can come get it immediately if it is stolen. I tried calling without being there as I was trying to do it to save time when I went to go get my first private sale. And that's when they told me that.

Arrange to do the transfer after you have it checked at your local LE office. (inquire first to get the procedure at that office)

Then if it comes back hot, the seller looses and you are out nothing. If the seller balks at this, there is your red flag to walk away.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top