JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AimSports DPMS High AR-308 15" M-LOK Freefloat Handguard

I paid about $74/ea for them when I got them.. They run about $105 now and PA has them in stock.. https://www.primaryarms.com/aimsports-ar10-15in-mlok-dpms-high-handguard-blk-mtm15h308

To give you an idea of how they look installed on a rifle: The top two both use that handguard. Both are .308 24" and 18" barrels, and both have a small red M-LOK pic-rail added for my QD bi-pod.
20191116_173148.jpg

I paid about $74/ea for them when I got them.. They run about $105 now and PA has them in stock.. https://www.primaryarms.com/aimsports-ar10-15in-mlok-dpms-high-handguard-blk-mtm15h308

To give you an idea of how they look installed on a rifle: The top two both use that handguard. Both are .308 24" and 18" barrels, and both have a small red M-LOK pic-rail added for my QD bi-pod.
View attachment 844860
I had those at one point and I liked them a lot!

View attachment 844860
Sorry.. I cant stop staring at the whats it LMT? or cant think of the others with that rec. Rail interface i know larue has some similar but thats not them. Not daniels..not knights. Its not LWRCI is it?
I see your a fan of PA as well. ;)
Ill have to check them out. :s0090:

View attachment 844860
I am leary of aimsports though. They use super cheap alum. I have one of their HG rails on my old S12s and the screws would bite into the rails easily. I also have a bunch or their carry handles. They are ok for the price.

I am somewhat looking for higher end hardware. The goal isnt to spend the most money, if i can find a cheaper one thats high quality all the better. But i def dont need the cheapest out there.

The reviews aren't that encouraging for that one either. Same problem im trying to avoid.

Really i wish someone would just make a steel nut mount witha Ti Tube and mount a upper rail on it solidly.

I have an SLR Rifleworks Solo Ultralight on my .308 and I love it, strong mounting interface with no alignment issues. They make heavier rails too if you want something more robust.
Midwest Industries makes good products too, I have their 15" Combat Rail on my 5.56 and they do make a .308 version.
Man.. I totally forgot they have those sweet looking ak rails. I wanted one fir my PSL and i dont know if i ever sent them dimensions for my rifle or they never got back to me after that.

I really like slr's stuff too.

I personally like the PRI Carbon fiber tubes. Ar10 rifles are heavy enough without adding rails and gizmos on the, Just a couple rail sections for needed stuff I don't know if the PRI is as light as some of the newer skeleton-style aluminum rails now that there are keywords and such that don't have the extra weight of unnecessary rails and although probably solid enough they just look flimsy whereas the tube is pretty solid. The PRI is differently very expensive and there are cheaper .308 tubes on the market that can be dressed up to clone the PRI but that's my pick for .308 ARs

I personally like the PRI Carbon fiber tubes. Ar10 rifles are heavy enough without adding rails and gizmos on the, Just a couple rail sections for needed stuff I don't know if the PRI is as light as some of the newer skeleton-style aluminum rails now that there are keywords and such that don't have the extra weight of unnecessary rails and although probably solid enough they just look flimsy whereas the tube is pretty solid. The PRI is differently very expensive and there are cheaper .308 tubes on the market that can be dressed up to clone the PRI but that's my pick for .308 ARs
Yeah i like the PRI stuff too. But that is getting near the upper limit for budget.
This is already going to be so heavy weight isnt really an issue. I have literally ALL my other stuff built more geared towards a battle rifle style where weight was a major consideration. This is more of a LRP/DMR/target style where it will only be bipod'd and prone etc. Where i wont have to support it.

I am very much diggin the heavier SLR rails. Man, they really have a excellent selection!

Oh and one thing i do HATE about CF is how insanely fast it degrades in the sun. It would NEED to be painted. Amd really should be from the factory (if its not. Idk?)

View attachment 844860

O.T. which of those precision stocks do you prefer?

I am leary of aimsports though. They use super cheap alum. I have one of their HG rails on my old S12s and the screws would bite into the rails easily. I also have a bunch or their carry handles. They are ok for the price.

I am somewhat looking for higher end hardware. The goal isnt to spend the most money, if i can find a cheaper one thats high quality all the better. But i def dont need the cheapest out there.

The reviews aren't that encouraging for that one either. Same problem im trying to avoid.

Really i wish someone would just make a steel nut mount witha Ti Tube and mount a upper rail on it solidly.

The reviews I've seen on it are people who matched the wrong rail height with their upper receiver. If someone grabs you the low rail to ship to you rather than the high rail...that causes a problem. Especially easy to confuse when the box only says which spec it is on a single small end of the box. the rest of the box has no mention of what spec it is, not even where the barcode is. So the manufacturer is partially to blame for not clearly marking their boxes with what spec it is. The rest of the blame falls on the person who pulled the inventory for the order.

The hardware is solid though. It's 6061-T6 aluminum.

I've seen titanium nuts, and "the gun company" came out with a titanium tube for 308s back in 2016, but being a commiefornia company they stopped making/selling AR-15/10 parts all together it seems.

O.T. which of those precision stocks do you prefer?
The PRS for sure. They both adjust easily enough, but the PRS has a actual recoil pad rather than hard plastic not that it's really needed on my rifles since they really don't kick any more than a 5.56 does with the brakes on them. But it also has the MLOK mount on the bottom of the stock so you can add a small pic rail and mono-pod.

If you use a bag then its not a big deal, but I don't use bags when I shoot, so I put a mono pod on both my grendel and my 24" 308. I don't have the steadiest of hands so it significantly improves how steady the rifle is for me so I can group shots and sight in the rifle.

The PRS for sure. They both adjust easily enough, but the PRS has a actual recoil pad rather than hard plastic not that it's really needed on my rifles since they really don't kick any more than a 5.56 does with the brakes on them. But it also has the MLOK mount on the bottom of the stock so you can add a small pic rail and mono-pod.

If you use a bag then its not a big deal, but I don't use bags when I shoot, so I put a mono pod on both my grendel and my 24" 308. I don't have the steadiest of hands so it significantly improves how steady the rifle is for me so I can group shots and sight in the rifle.

Thanks for the reply. That is the route I went with but have heard from a few people that prefer the Luth-AR stock.

Thanks for the reply. That is the route I went with but have heard from a few people that prefer the Luth-AR stock.
I tried the luthAR precision stock. And i also have a gen 1 or 2? Magpul prs and i sent the luthAR back. I really wasn't impressed with the quality especially for the price.

I did like the weight savings of it. The PRS is too heavy. But for me the PRS never was a battle rifle stock or anything so to me it doesn't really matter.

I absolutely LOVE my Larue RAT stocks for the $40 i paid for each when they were on sale. Plus they fit a cleaning rod kit in them. They are slick and amazing quality for $40

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top