Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Can someone help me put together my Buckmark .22?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by toobigtofail, Jun 27, 2010.

1. toobigtofail

toobigtofail PDX Member

The thing wasn't cycling rounds, and I removed the sear pin and spring -- now I can't get them back in. I would be willing to pay some money, I'm just hesitant about going to a gunsmith and racking up a hundred dollars worth of work. If you've taken apart your Buckmark and think you can help me, give me a PM. Thanks.

2. rider

rider Clackamas Or. Member

If you google it there are some you tubes of taking it apart and putting it back together, they have been helpful for me in the past.

3. toobigtofail

toobigtofail PDX Member

Yeah -- that's kind of what got me in trouble. There was a section on "dissecting your Buckmark" on rimfire central and in it the fellow removes the sear spring. Later, he replaces it using forceps, a gun vise and a punch. I'm trying to find out where locally I can buy forceps, but you can't just walk into a Wal-Mart and find 'em.

Thanks for your reply.

4. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Harbor Freight Tools - they have all of the above and much more. Quality may not be the best but they have a great selection of otherwise obscure tools and items made in China or India.

There are several stores in the PDX area:

http://www.harborfreight.com/

5. toobigtofail

toobigtofail PDX Member

Thanks! I'll go check them out!

6. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Google around and you should be able to find a 20% off coupon in case you see a high dollar item you really want. They also have lots of printable coupons for items in their website.

I warn you, the place can be addicting. I have tons of unopened tools purchased just in case I need them or for when my others wear out. :eek: