JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own a few sigs, 220, 226, 229 and a pro 2009, the pro is nice light and shoots well. Sigs are very heavy guns. the best shooter I find to be the 229, carries well, but heavy. If your a large guy this might not be a problem. The 220 and 226 are a larger frame and bulky. My honest opinion, go withe the 229 DA/SA. you'll be very happy.

I own a few sigs, 220, 226, 229 and a pro 2009, the pro is nice light and shoots well. Sigs are very heavy guns. the best shooter I find to be the 229, carries well, but heavy. If your a large guy this might not be a problem. The 220 and 226 are a larger frame and bulky. My honest opinion, go withe the 229 DA/SA. you'll be very happy.

how does the p2009 grip thickness compare to the p229's?

The grip is polimier, not replaceable comes with 3 choices of back inserts. The 2009 is dicontinued but upgraded to th 2023, same weapon new features.

Heaviness is a personal opinion. I consider my p220's on the bare minimum for a carry gun. I prefer my carry guns to weigh in at 2lbs(32 oz) or so. I don't consider it too heavy until it starts tipping mid 40 oz's. YMMV.

I believe He was asking an opinion, the 220 and the 226 are excelent firearms, but large IN MY OPINION. I'm a big guy, so that much more bulk on my hip is 1, harder to conceal, and 2 pulls my belt down. Either way not a pretty sight. The 229 is comfortable in the small of the back aswell. To each their own.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top