JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking to get 12 Gauge, 410 Gauge, 20 Gauge reloaded with real lead shot.
I have 1.1 Gram, 1.5 Gram, 3.5 Gram lead shot
Federal law doesn't allow for selling homemade ammo for profit. Also, it's a very risky to shoot someone else's handloads. Additionally, it is unlikely that someone will be willing to take on the risk of you, or someone else, blowing up their gun with their handloads

Welcome BTW.

A drill is your friend.

Seen these around everywhere?
1653596031507.jpeg
Grab a few and this and you are in business.

A Lee powder scoop might come in handy too.

IMHO......
Get a Lee loader if you're cheap.

Or if you are cheaper than that. Learn to do it with a homemade kit.

If you got a little more money get a Mec.

If you're even richer......get a progressive Mec.

Aloha, Mark

Welcome to the forums. As others have stated, it may be difficult to find others to load for you. The door swings both ways, you might not want to shoot their loads. Shotgun shell reloading, in my mind, is one of the easiest ways to get into reloading. You can generally find a load that works and then don't change anything. I've been using essentially the same load for over 40 years. It's not broke for me, no need to fix.

A simple MEC Jr. loader with a minor, inexpensive addition or two will serve you well. That's what I've used all along and can load about 150 shells per hour. Even in this challenging time of finding components, shot and wads are pretty easy to find and at a reasonable price, you can typically find some powder and SG primers are found here and there, often at prices not far from pre-panic levels (that last I bought were at $40 per 1k).

Hope this helps if you decide to go this direction. The book recommended by @ColeInOregon is a good place to start.

It is very easy to load 12ga. Lee has a loader thats about 60 to 80$ and i have loaded countless shells with it. One thing i noticed, after a few loads of the same hulls, the base goes out of round and stuck in my mag tube!

It is very easy to load 12ga. Lee has a loader thats about 60 to 80$ and i have loaded countless shells with it. One thing i noticed, after a few loads of the same hulls, the base goes out of round and stuck in my mag tube!
The Lee should have come with a base resizing ring. Slides over the hull and resize's the base on the downstroke… It's a beast to use, need an old broomstick or sufficiently size dowel to insert into the resized shell and give the other end of said stick/dowel a sharp rap on the garage floor to separate the resizing ring from the base of the shell…

Whew!!! That's a helluva run on sentence…

The Lee should have come with a base resizing ring. Slides over the hull and resize's the base on the downstroke… It's a beast to use, need an old broomstick or sufficiently size dowel to insert into the resized shell and give the other end of said stick/dowel a sharp rap on the garage floor to separate the resizing ring from the base of the shell…

Whew!!! That's a helluva run on sentence…
Yes that what it comes with and thats what I use but...the problem persists. I thought it was my magtube being out of round (winchester model 12) but it only happens with shells that have been reloaded a bunch. The rim sticks right at the entrance if the magtube! New or only once reloaded stuff is fine.

Yes that what it comes with and thats what I use but...the problem persists. I thought it was my magtube being out of round (winchester model 12) but it only happens with shells that have been reloaded a bunch. The rim sticks right at the entrance if the magtube! New or only once reloaded stuff is fine.
That's interesting. Have you tried polishing the brass and the mag tube? It could be that the rim on the brass is growing from the pressure where the ring doesn't resize. If they still chamber all right it seems odd that they won't fit in the mag tube. It seems like the mag tube should be generous compared to the chamber.

Nice shotgun one of my all time favorites.

Wonder if the rim itself is stretching? Might be worth measuring a factory fresh shell against one that's problematic…

Just a random thought before caffeine…

Not sure about "Troll". But people who come on and join. Post a question needing something, and then leave a couple hours later and never check back? 🤷
Not just that, but the first and only post asking someone to load ammo for them, a possibly illegal activity, makes the OP definitely suspicious. Either an agent or just someone ignorant of the law, not sure which. But it reminds me of another OP recently who joined just to ask for someone to put together a P80 kit for them.

Last Edited:
Not just that, but the first and only post asking someone to load ammo for them, a possibly illegal activity, makes the OP definitely suspicious. Either an agent or just someone ignorant of the law, not sure which. But it reminds me of another OP recently who joined just to ask for someone to put together a P80 kit for them.
We seem to be pretty smart here. And if your not? Well, I guess a person like that might have to learn a tough lesson.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top