JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys, I haven't been active on here for a while and haven't kept up with firearms law for the last few months. Like the title says, I'm wondering if non Oregon residents can purchase long guns in OR (including semi autos) or if there has been any new laws passed preventing this. As recently as August I bought two semi autos in Oregon while being a WA resident, without any problems. I hope non residents are still able to. I tried to do some googling and couldn't find anything.

Since August 2020, you bought semi-auto long guns, wow??!! Not many FFLs in Ore will transfer such items to WA residents! Your answer in short, yes, you still can. Finding a willing FFL is the trickiest part.

Hi guys, I haven't been active on here for a while and haven't kept up with firearms law for the last few months. Like the title says, I'm wondering if non Oregon residents can purchase long guns in OR (including semi autos) or if there has been any new laws passed preventing this. As recently as August I bought two semi autos in Oregon while being a WA resident, without any problems. I hope non residents are still able to. I tried to do some googling and couldn't find anything.
Try Money Market Pawn in Portland they were still doing these transfers as of a couple of months ago. They charge $40 in transfer/bg fees, but as the others have said it's hard to find an FFL who correctly understands the law.

I-1639 only requires enhanced background checks for transfers of semi-autos rifles performed in the State of WA. I-1639 did not include a requirement for enhanced background checks for WA residents receiving a semi-auto rifle outside of WA State.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top