JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hornady One Shot Lube can is several years old and used as primary case lubricant. Reload quite a few hundred rounds a year. My process is as follows. Clean brass with steel pins and citric acid and water in tumbler. Dry brass is placed in large zip-lock bag. One Lube is sprayed generously within the bad and bag set aside for a few minutes. Reloading .223 with RCBS Competition Dies. Brass was de-primed with Lyman Universal De-priming Die. When full length resizing this week, had two brass get stuck. Is it possible the lube went funky? Went back to using RCBS case lube pad applicator and had no problems? That method is slow and requires wiping sized brass with a clean rag.

How well did you shake the can before using?

If sitting for a long time I'd imagine some settling would occur.

Im sure you know this as well if you've been using it for a few years, but it must completely dry before sizing.

Put your cases on a cookie sheet to dry a little before sizing. They can't dry in the bag very well. I just put cases on a cookie sheet, spray them then roll them around. After 5 or 10 minutes, I run them through the sizing die.

Spray lubes use a solvent to thin the lube. The solvent is not a good lubricant. You have to let some of the solvent flash off before sizing.

I used Dillon Lube for years with no problems. Ran out one day and picked up
some 1-Shot. It didn't work for .308. Sprayed several passes, waited, then
full length resized. It took way too pressure to size a case. Switched
back to Dillon and each piece of brass slid in and out the die. There is
no comparison.

I use Hornady bullets in .223 and .308 bullets with great success but 1-Shot is epic fail in my book. Use Dillon or make your own with liquid Lanoline and alcohol.

Spambo

Point of fact. Second piece of brass satin atmosphere for 2.5 days. My narrative suggested "soaking". Use light mist or burst. Lay aside. Then empty bag on bench mat. Don't start immediately processing "soaked" brass. Ideas as setting on cookie sheet are a step I hope to avoid. I'd get them all set up and the first would fall like a domino! Then I would have damp misted brass falling on the dusty floor. Just clumsy that way. Thanks to all for input. Seems like other have had issues. Will use other products after two time of removing stuck brass.

Last Edited:
I had a bunch of trouble with One Shot because I didn't wait for it to dry. I lay the cases in a cardboard tray spray, roll, respray and wait.. Waiting sucks, but not as much as unsticking a stuck case!

It also isn't as easy to size cases as when using the RCBS spray lube.

It also isn't as easy to size cases as when using the RCBS spray lube.
Interesting. I've had pretty good results using one shot on pistol cases, but maybe I'll try a can of the RCBS spray next time. I put about 1-2k rounds in as shallow of a box as I can find, to spread them out, and hose em down pretty good. Doesn't seem to matter if I start running them pretty soon after. I DO notice that if much time goes by, they don't seem to be as slick, so if I still have brass in the box the next day, they get sprayed again. Can definitely feel differences in how well the brass slips when I run my hand through the box, and how hard it is to pull the lever. I'm sure having to size a much longer case with a neck just amplifies any issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top