JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kind of curious why you didn't exchange it for one without the blem's? They didn't have one in stock?

I've bought lots of firearms from Bimart, found a few problems and they have always taken them back...Maybe three or four times in 10 years.
I think he said in a prior post that he went to numerous stores looking for one with a perfectly in-line gas key.. or something.
Probably soured on the whole notion?

I think he said in a prior post that he went to numerous stores looking for one with a perfectly in-line gas key.. or something.
Probably soured on the whole notion?

I skimmed.....To many words, not enough pitchers....:)

As for the gas key...Lolz its a Ruger Mini 14. It has a stud, the 4 allen screws can be tightened different amounts and throw the whole thing off..Best thing to do when you get it gome is to do a complete tear down and reassemble!

As for the gas key...Lolz its a Ruger Mini 14. It has a stud, the 4 allen screws can be tightened different amounts and throw the whole thing off..Best thing to do when you get it gome is to do a complete tear down and reassemble!
I think he deleted it. It was something though!

That rifle did not come from the factory that way. It would have been inspected for quality control. I would bet on it. That rifle had the stock exchanged or the rifle was taken back by someone at the store level. Kind of like a buddy deal. There wouldn't have been a background check or anything else. Why would there be? Nobody would have been the wiser especially if it had been done at the manager level.

I hope for your sake you get it taken care of. But I wouldn't expect Bi-Mart to be able to help. And it's not their fault or choice, it's that way for all gun sellers. I have never seen anyone that sells guns not have several indicators and signs that make it clear once you accept the transfer, you own it. I'm sure Ruger will get you fixed up it's just now you're in for some hassle and probably a fair amount of time, which sucks when you just bought something new. I have bought several firearms from Bi-Mart (Ruger, Henry, Savage) and never had an issue.
Unfortunately, sometimes learning through experience can be a tough, and expensive, way to get educated. When I buy a firearm, I figure I'm making a lifetime investment and I take an excessive amount of time to inspect them, inside and out, before I begin the transfer paperwork. Since retailers keep possession of the firearm until the transfer is approved, and sometimes it leaves my sight, I give it a second quick inspection before I leave.
None of that helps you now, but hopefully others can learn from it and be spared the problem in the future.
Good luck! And let us know how it turns out.

I don't believe that the rail problem was the fault of Ruger as Ruger does not ship the rifle with the rail installed. The rail and scope rings are in separate plastic bags in the box with the rifle. I would say that the rifle had been sold and returned or an employee screwed around with it.

Just purchased a brand new Mini 14 stainless ranch rifle and got home and noticed its missing some hardware that mounts the picatinny rail on plus the stock is pretty ding'd up. I never bought a gun from Bi Mart just wondering if they would let me exchange it for another one or does it go back to Ruger on my dime?

Just curious what the going price at Bimart for a Mini14 ?

They took my weatherby shotgun back and returned it the mfg for repair. I put a few shells thru mine though.

Just purchased a brand new Mini 14 stainless ranch rifle and got home and noticed its missing some hardware that mounts the picatinny rail on plus the stock is pretty ding'd up. I never bought a gun from Bi Mart just wondering if they would let me exchange it for another one or does it go back to Ruger on my dime?

<broken link removed>
Thanks Chee-to
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREdhry528XuqeYWmjJwl5iRYu80Yec-EdV9wIaekttnhGTdOXsfA.jpg

That was me on the uneven tightening of the gas blocks. At the time sales were waaaay up on firearms due to Obama fears and quality was noticeably down. I guess they were producing them as fast as possible to meet demand.

Yeah the gas block can be loosened and re-adjusted but the screws are staked and I just wanted one that was right from the get go. Wasn't in a hurry and it gave me something to do.

Rumor has it accuracy suffers if it's tightened down max on one side and a big gap on the other.

Ended up buying it in the Florence Bimart. Great gun, 3" groups pretty consistent with cheap ammo and iron sights. Occasionally better with a scope.

In my experience with Bi-Mart I'd bet they would exchange it or refund your money with no questions asked. I've done it with very small and very large purchases in Washougal, Madras, Wood Village (maybe that one's actually Gresham), The Dalles and others too...oops forgot Tigard.

I returned a new Marlin 336C in .30-30 to the Damascus Bi-Mart store the next day about 5 years ago because I found a used one from about 1970 (much better build quality) for the same price. It was not a big deal. Yes, we can all quote the "rules" about no returns, etc. But in real life people are often reasonable and don't adhere to strict policies when there's a good reason to cut someone some slack. Yes, you should be careful and inspect what you buy, but you should also expect people to use good judgment when interpreting the written rules.

I wasn't trying to be right, just one side of the conversation I was interested in.

Apologies, if it came out argumentative ;)
no worries bro.
I don't by from "marts"....
I suspect because all the folks getting exchanges are dealing with "mart" employees and not the FFL they are getting treated pretty good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top