JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bi mart returned my money and was more than helpful they said I could swap out the gun but I just decided to look elsewhere but I was surprised how they were right on it they just asked me what was wrong with it and I told them then no questions asked after that.
That's great. Was there another transfer form and fee that they paid or what? Did you get your BG fee refunded too?
I guess being a dealer they have a contingency for cases like this.

So you need to be a gun enthusiast to deserve a decent new gun? Kinda seems unfair.
it doesn't take an enthusiast to see missing screws, scratches and nicks in the finish.

Now if a firearm does not function.....well they might do something for you but by all rights you have to follow up with the manufacturer for repairs.

the moment of the transfer is the moment for inspection period, this is common knowledge in the firearms world

buyer is super lucky for the money back thing because the responsibility was on him once he accepted the transfer

it doesn't take an enthusiast to see missing screws, scratches and nicks in the finish.

Now if a firearm does not function.....well they might do something for you but by all rights you have to follow up with the manufacturer for repairs.

the moment of the transfer is the moment for inspection period, this is common knowledge in the firearms world

buyer is super lucky for the money back thing because the responsibility was on him once he accepted the transfer

I have to respectfully disagree.

Lots of people get tunnel vision when making a large purchase. If you can barely afford it or can not afford to buy it and fix it then it can be a stressful transaction.

Or maybe your trying to figure out how to justify it to yourself or your spouse... There are a lot of reasons to be distracted.

I 100% agree with you on a FTF transfer but personally believe that if you buy new from a dealer of any retail Item, it is on the Store to make sure they sell/sold you a 100% satisfactory Item.

I ALWAYS take a mechanic friend when I go to buy a trailer or car used because there is just too much to look at and keep track of unless you buy and sell used cars all day.

Good to know they can be taken back. Lots of things you cant see on inspection can still be wrong with new firearms. I recently bought a Rem 700 that had a rough chamber from the factory and you couldn't eject the shells.without hammering the bolt open. No way to know this till the gun was fired.

disagree all you want but the facts are the facts, his refund was the exception not the rule

dont base your future purchasing on this , you will get burned ask any FFL worth their salt

Bi mart returned my money and was more than helpful they said I could swap out the gun but I just decided to look elsewhere but I was surprised how they were right on it they just asked me what was wrong with it and I told them then no questions asked after that.
Good news!
Did they also delete the NICS so the Feds & WA don't think you're a straw purchaser?
blink.gif

:D

disagree all you want but the facts are the facts, his refund was the exception not the rule

dont base your future purchasing on this , you will get burned ask any FFL worth their salt

I guess it depends on the shop. If a small shop doesn't provide good service, it only takes one motivated person to shut them down by just posting on many social media outlets.

That and the firearms community is closer and smaller then most so bad word travels much faster then good comments.

It's all hypothetical now that the OP got his refund, but I'll stay on the "customer is always right" saying.

My experience with Ruger has been excellent. I've had similar issues with some of their new rifles or pistols. I went to their website and sent them e-mails describing the problems and they have always replied(via e-mail) wanting to make things right. They usually respond in a few days with a phone number to call, discuss the problems and then issue you a work order number. For me, in both cases, they provided the Fed Ex pickup and return; they did an excellent job of correcting the problems. I'd say they do everything possible to protect their brand.

So you need to be a gun enthusiast to deserve a decent new gun? Kinda seems unfair.

That's not what I said or intended. It's about being an informed and diligent consumer. When I buy something (anything) that is wrapped from the factory in original packaging and no obvious tampering, I would expect the contents to be in perfect condition. If not, definitely a return to place of purchase is in order. When you can and do inspect an item prior to purchase, cosmetic condition and basic function is about all you can inspect. If you go forward with the BGC after not noticing the imperfections shown, IMO it's on the buyer for choosing to move forward with that specific gun and asking for a different one.

I'm glad to hear Bi-Mart did the right thing and returned it. With that, if it were me, I would have completed the return/exchange for a different rifle based on them standing behind the original sale with great customer service.

Hope you get the mini-14 you want and again, kudos to Bi-Mart!

Don't know if it's your first one but don't give up on the Ruger Mini-14. Finding one that was inspected properly before being sent out might be a little work but it's worth it.

.I normally wouldn't think of buying anything as serious as a firearm from Fred Meyer but I had a gift card and the LCP was on sale for a decent price of$299 and I got to use a card toward the price. I went to Sportsman's to pick up some ammunition and found they had it on add for $259. Back to FM to see if they would refund me the difference. No dice… said that they can't do price adjustments on anything regulated by ATF..
NW Armory has the base model LCP for $199 right now.

A few years ago I bought a .50 caliber hawken black powder rifle. Took it to the range and couldn't even hit a 4 ft. square piece of plywood at 25 yds.

Looked at the bore and it was bored off center. Took it back to, I think it was GI Joes at that time, and they looked at it and said yes to a swap for a rifle that was bored correctly. This was even after shooting it.

Jack

A few years ago I bought a .50 caliber hawken black powder rifle. Took it to the range and couldn't even hit a 4 ft. square piece of plywood at 25 yds.

Looked at the bore and it was bored off center. Took it back to, I think it was GI Joes at that time, and they looked at it and said yes to a swap for a rifle that was bored correctly. This was even after shooting it.

Jack

I miss GI Joes stores:(

Kind of curious why you didn't exchange it for one without the blem's? They didn't have one in stock?

I've bought lots of firearms from Bimart, found a few problems and they have always taken them back...Maybe three or four times in 10 years.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top