JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just purchased a brand new Mini 14 stainless ranch rifle and got home and noticed its missing some hardware that mounts the picatinny rail on plus the stock is pretty ding'd up. I never bought a gun from Bi Mart just wondering if they would let me exchange it for another one or does it go back to Ruger on my dime?

Make a fuss about it. It was probably a floor model packed back in its box. Im sure of it.
Two of my shotguns were the same way, but I never returned mine.
Ok thanks I will yeah the upper guard has im perfections on it and the under side of the stock where trigger guard is looks like someone took a dremel to the stock

Just wondering - did you notice these imperfections before you bought it? You describe them as quite obvious and I think it's going to be difficult to make a case after the fact. I looked over my Henry I bought from Bi Mart for nearly a half hour - to include a spray shot of Rem oil in the action and a wipe down of the entire exterior before doing anything.

Just wondering - did you notice these imperfections before you bought it? You describe them as quite obvious and I think it's going to be difficult to make a case after the fact. I looked over my Henry I bought from Bi Mart for nearly a half hour - to include a spray shot of Rem oil in the action and a wipe down of the entire exterior before doing anything.
I didn't go that far but I did try 5 or 6 Bi Marts before I found a SS Mini Ranch I was happy with. I was looking for one that had an evenly torqued gas block. Something Ruger Q/C was having problems with at the time.

IMG_20151207_212300_zpsplno0rul.jpg _20151207_212807_zpsct92oirf.jpg IMG_20151207_212344_zpsbnvkm03f.jpg

Brand Spankin new only 2 hours old
The side of the hand guard looks as if it was melted or something and the other pic by the trigger guard looks like a dremel was taking to it plus missing hardware for the rail. Im taking it back tomorrow and demanding an exchange but Ill be nice about it haha if they dont oh well its only the stock thats messed up

Is that an All Weather Ranch? They never came with a picatinny rail before.
Hard to say if the stock by the trigger was boogered up at the factory trying to clean up the mold seam or what but it looks bad. So does the other mark.
QC issues or somebody traded out the rifle stock I don't know but I'd be asking Bi mart.

The side of the hand guard looks as if it was melted or something and the other pic by the trigger guard looks like a dremel was taking to it plus missing hardware for the rail. Im taking it back tomorrow and demanding an exchange but Ill be nice about it haha if they dont oh well its only the stock thats messed up
Never heard of an exchange. They would essentially be buying it back. What individual has that authority? Which employee is going to buy it as they would need a BG check? It's a transfer.

I'm guessing some clerk switched stocks after he messed up his? Or bad QC at Ruger.
Bimart or Ruger will make it right I'm sure though.

Is that an All Weather Ranch? They never came with a picatinny rail before.
Hard to say if the stock by the trigger was boogered up at the factory trying to clean up the mold seam or what but it looks bad. So does the other mark.
QC issues or somebody traded out the rifle stock I don't know but I'd be asking Bi mart.
Yeah the new ones come with the rail Ill see what they say tomorrow

I think they would do the exchange. And it pays to do a FULL inspection before saying "this is the one".

Hindsight...20/20...happened to me as well :rolleyes:

I think they would do the exchange. And it pays to do a FULL inspection before saying "this is the one".

Hindsight...20/20...happened to me as well :rolleyes:
Im doin a thorough inspection if they can do a swap or whatever I never returned a firearm so I dont know the whole process . Its a Ranch Mini 14 stainless

I bought a para 1911 on Black Friday last year and the rifling looked like it was done the morning after the company Christmas party with an open bar. Sportsmans wouldn't take it back but they have signage all over that says no returns on firearms. Also it was the last one so I wouldn't have gotten the deal. I didn't notice until I got it home and was doing a thorough clean. Para took care of it in the end. If bi-mart doesn't, I would hope that Ruger would. It shouldn't cost you anything either way, just make sure that if you have to take it up with Ruger, they send you a shipping label you can print out. Don't take no for an answer on that, in the most polite way possible. ;)

I bought a para 1911 on Black Friday last year and the rifling looked like it was done the morning after the company Christmas party with an open bar. Sportsmans wouldn't take it back but they have signage all over that says no returns on firearms. Also it was the last one so I wouldn't have gotten the deal. I didn't notice until I got it home and was doing a thorough clean. Para took care of it in the end. If bi-mart doesn't, I would hope that Ruger would. It shouldn't cost you anything either way, just make sure that if you have to take it up with Ruger, they send you a shipping label you can print out. Don't take no for an answer on that, in the most polite way possible. ;)
Thanks Ill do that

Same here. Checked it at the store before I accepted it.
They ordered it and out of the box was a scratch on the receiver. Ordered another one and it was marked too.
I emailed CEO Anthony and he sent one from the factory. Not only flawless, case included, but upgraded the Walnut to a beautifully figured stock and forearm.
So either Bimart needs to improve their warehousing, or they need to lean on the distributor they are receiving them from.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top