Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Can i legally conceal at the lane county fair?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by glockguy, Aug 19, 2010.

1. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Just curious if there is a rule againt weapons there with people who have their chl

2. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Is it public property or private property? State pre-emption obviously only applies to public lands; private owners can impose any restrictions they want.

I see that the Eugene Saturday Market is also held at the fairgrounds; what are the rules there?

Nothing jumps out at me that states whether the Events Center is public or private property:
    Lane Events Center

3. Douglas

Douglas Oregon Active Member

Went to the fair last night. At each entrance there is a posted no weapons sign. It's not the type you see on city buildings that cites a code, of which the code exempts chl holders from the prohibition. Didn't carry, although there were some sketchy characters there and I would have felt more safe had I.

4. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Yes

5. greydog111

greydog111 peoples repubilik of Oregon Active Member

Just don't let the clowns from Starplex security see you! I interviewed with them this spring and was appalled at the lack of professionalism and personal hubris. Greydog.