JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I miss building up VWs, 1600cc out to 1835cc and 2200cc, single carb and dual carb respectively. Had to change the axles to handle the torque. Easiest car to work on ever!! Jack up the rear, 4 bolts and some cables and drop the engine out the bottom. :):):)

I miss building up VWs, 1600cc out to 1835cc and 2200cc, single carb and dual carb respectively. Had to change the axles to handle the torque. Easiest car to work on ever!! Jack up the rear, 4 bolts and some cables and drop the engine out the bottom. :):):)
Yep, the first Idiot's guide was for the buglet etc. Awesome book.

THAT got you laid.... they must have been lesbians and thought you were a butch.

:s0132:

;):D

Got me out of the house and up into the hills with a blanket and a girl... the rest was on me. Edit: Oooo, they were all over me!!!

BTW, I'm a male lesbian don'cha know!!!

Last Edited:
Dude... you're just making my point.... you were talkin' about popping a lady-boner earlier....

I got yer lady boner...

creepy-face.jpg

My first car was a '64 B. Blew the engine. Started to restore it, discovered it would be easy to convert it to a RH drive, lost interest and sold it for parts.
Bro bought a 68 BGT (IIRC). He left it behind when he moved to Cali, I drove the sh1t out of it. There's a unique smell to a running B.
Loved the fluid clutches, hated tuning twin Strombergs, and the trailing arm shocks were a bane.
Replaced it with a '76 Starsky & Hutch Torino, then a '68 Javelin SS.
Bought a '72 Midget. What a POS, but I loved it! Unlike the B, it could corner and handle curves at any speed. 35 MPG.
Burned out and rebuilt reverse gear. Blew the head gasket, and rust got it like stage 4 cancer. That thing hated 55, purred like a kitten at 70. Ultimately the tub collapsed from the rust, sold it for parts.
But it was a shagg machine - just riding in it would get my GF all worked up. Young, dumb, & full, I was too happy to oblige.

I had one like this, underpowered little thing with it's 1300cc transverse mounted engine. in the late 60s parts for these were difficult to get. But I made it scoot, and it got me laid.:D:D:D
+1
If I remember correctly, the MGB-GT and MGC-GT had a 6 cylinder engine in them and were RWD.... And 1100's were FWD :)
A 6 cylinder B would be like a V8 Morgan - where the eff do you put all that iron?

My first car was a '64 B. Blew the engine. Started to restore it, discovered it would be easy to convert it to a RH drive, lost interest and sold it for parts.
Bro bought a 68 BGT (IIRC). He left it behind when he moved to Cali, I drove the sh1t out of it. There's a unique smell to a running B.
Loved the fluid clutches, hated tuning twin Strombergs, and the trailing arm shocks were a bane.
Bought a '72 Midget. What a POS, but I loved it! Unlike the B, it could corner and handle curves at any speed. 35 MPG.
Burned out and rebuilt reverse gear. Blew the head gasket, and rust got it like stage 4 cancer. That thing hated 55, purred like a kitten at 70. Ultimately the tub collapsed from the rust, sold it for parts.
But it was a shagg machine - just riding in it would get my GF all worked up. Young, dumb, & full, I was too happy to oblige.

+1
A 6 cylinder B would be like a V8 Morgan - where the eff do you put all that iron?

I had a perfectly straight '70 Javelin (the year before they got those puffed out fenders over the wheel wells) through most of high-school and into my early 20's... I loved that car, then my first wife hit a frakin' light pole and creamed the right front corner in.... in an EMPTY PARKING LOT!!

:s0058:

One of MANY reasons she's an ex-wife...besides being a CHEATING WHORE while I was deployed overseas. o_O

Last Edited:
I had a perfectly straight '70 Javelin (the year before they got those puffed out tenders over wheel wells) through most of high-school and into my early 20's... I loved that car, then my first wife hit a frakin' light pole and creamed the right front corner in.... in an EMPTY PARKING LOT!!

:s0058:

One of MANY reasons she's an ex-wife...besides being a CHEATING WHORE while I was deployed overseas. o_O
Pain!
Mine got 6mpg, would squeal both tires all the way across a 4 lane intersection, and loved to hydroplane in the rain.
I was telling the kids about the vacuum wipers. I bought it off a friend, and when I went to college, gave it to another friend in lieu of him looking after my mom, fixing stuff around the house and shoveling her driveway & walk when it snowed. He worked his azz off for that. :rolleyes:

After I sold my Tiger for a work car - VW hatchback - and sold my built up VW Bugs, I bought a really cherry '67 Firebird convertible. What was that engine... 326? I was disappointed that it only had a 3spd on the floor, but it squealed the tires just fine!! Met my ex, moved in (that gal could cook and do nasty things) but she had two kids so I wound up selling the bird to get a family car.:(

Man I miss the cars of youth!! Something about being young and in love with boss cars... no wonder many of us return to car fetish later in life!!

... and don't forget those ankle straps behind the doors.

+1

Bought me a 73 MGB GT out of a junkyard once. The guy who owned the yard had rebuilt the engine . Drove that thing for years . Had the overdrive and it would top out about 135 and it lived there for long stretches when I was commuting to college.

Yes, Strombergs generally suck balls but the SU's were MUCH better carbs and could be tuned for opening rate depending on the voscosity of oil in the dashpot.

I drove an original MGB-GT V8 once in Europe. Had one of the 231 CID all aluminum Olds engines that British Leyland had bought the tooling for in the mid 60's. It didnt have a lot of power but it sure sounded like a big cammed V8.

The Triumph L6 they used in the GT-6 and the TR6 and those butt ugly TVR's. It was the same engine used in the 6 Cyl MGB-GT's. Ive had them all and to be honest that L6 was kind of a dog. Again it had a lot to do with the Strombergs. Get some SU's on there or Webers and it makes the world of difference.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top