JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had one like this, underpowered little thing with it's 1300cc transverse mounted engine. in the late 60s parts for these were difficult to get. But I made it scoot, and it got me laid.:D:D:D

View attachment 492776

My next car:

View attachment 492777
Ooh, I had an Alpine Sunbeam when I was 17.. bought it with my own hard-earned money. I put a new ragtop on it that cost more than what I bought the car for.

The MG Mdget was tiny, the MGB was a bit bigger and a better looking car with better proportions.
I believe the one in the picture is an MG TC.

Uh, which pic???:)

Edit: Ok, i looked it up. The TCs were touring cars like the one my older brother had. 1947 and such.

BTW the middle brother had one of these:

thumb_59d88a387585cd2e98416802_vehicle_hd.jpg

Last Edited:
If I remember correctly, the MGB-GT and MGC-GT had a 6 cylinder engine in them and were RWD.... And 1100's were FWD :)

Yes, my understanding is that the 6cyl were options on later production models. I think the standard models were 4cyl 1800cc RWD... that's a nice powerhouse for a 4cyl.

My 1100 was indeed FWD.

Sadly, those MG engines were only state of the art circa 1930, and not very strong or had much power potential!:( an all out race motor was maybe good for up to 170 to, the six was even worse, topping out at maybe 190 before there were serious concerns! Now that wonderful Rover modified Buick V-8, that sucker is still one of the best swaps for a non V-8 British car, there is tons of power potential making the small British sport cars a serious challenge to the new stuff!:D

The later MGBs will swallow a SBC whole. So will a Triumph TR6.
Spitfires can be a problem due to the smaller engine compartment and lower hood.

Or, just buy a Jensen Healy... they came w a small block Chevy from the factory. Unfortunately, most of these cars also came with factory installed rust.

Learned to drive in an Austin 850 (variant of the Mini). It was so simple (primitive) that inside door latches operated by pulling down a cable by hand and elbowing the door open. It was seriously underpowered and structurally dangerous - you could probably hit a dog and lose. But it was a fun little go-cart, unique for its time, and it served us well.

After my sister burned up the motor (hole in the oil pan) my fiercely loyal English father bought an Austin America, basically a 4-door Morris or MG rebadged for the US market, sporting 1100cc and automatic tranny. The word "lemon" is generous and overly complimentary. I was so scarred by the horrible characteristics of that steaming turd that it was 20+ more years before I allowed myself to trust anything without a clutch.

I still chuckle when I see a real (British) Mini, wondering how we made it fit a family of four, and long for simpler times.

Last Edited:
The later MGBs will swallow a SBC whole. So will a Triumph TR6.
Spitfires can be a problem due to the smaller engine compartment and lower hood.

Or, just buy a Jensen Healy... they came w a small block Chevy from the factory. Unfortunately, most of these cars also came with factory installed rust.

And what ever you do, DO NOT ever let the factory smoke out of the electronics, many a Jaguar has met it's end because some one let the smoke out!
I think i'm gonna stick with my Italian GTV-8 ( that never existed, but should have) and keep having fun! Nothing else in this wide wide world of sports sounds quite like an Italian V-8 going through the gears!
1970_Alfa_Romeo_GTV_Montreal_V8_Conversion_For_Sale_Engine_Carbs_1.jpg
1974-alfa-romeo-gtv-2000-1476934229016-2000x1333.jpg

And what ever you do, DO NOT ever let the factory smoke out of the electronics, many a Jaguar has met it's end because some one let the smoke out!
I think i'm gonna stick with my Italian GTV-8 ( that never existed, but should have) and keep having fun! Nothing else in this wide wide world of sports sounds quite like an Italian V-8 going through the gears!
View attachment 493136
View attachment 493137
Oooo... Alpha... nice.

I went through a stage in my early 20s where I was coming down off of a series of big block Chevys... a 71 Monte Carlo SS and a 66 396 SS Malibu most notably, when I decided I liked British roadsters. Then I liked Italian roadsters... had a couple of Alphas, a Fiat Spyder, and even a Lancia. Then I decided that I liked Brit roadsters w American engines and that took me down a rabbit-hole that I'd not care to revisit. That was the 80s when all of these cars were newer than my current daily drivers: 93 and 76 F150s and a 79 Chrysler Lebaron coupe.

My boys used to say, "You had cooler cars in high school than you do now!" when I'd show them pictures. I was like, "yup, but now I've got you and that's waaay better.".

I know, you're not supposed to lie to children... but we pulled off Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny for so many years... what's one more... ?

Izzat 4 2-bbl carbs I see? I think I would enjoy hearing that diablo rossa ripping through the gears.

Last Edited:
Yea, 4 Delorto Carbs jetted down and ever so slightly rich! I have an injection setup, but haven't installed it yet. Motor started out as a 3.4L out of a Montreal and was bored and stroked and sleeved out to 4.4L The cams came from a German speed shop/tuner and the rods and pistons are American! Currently making 422 HP and 370 Torque and will rev to 9K! Had to get a 5 speed transaxle from a Porsche 928 S with the close ratio gear set and limited slip! Was cheaper then modifying the stock Alfa box or trying to find the Mercedes Benz.

So will a Triumph TR6.

I wanted one while I still had my $100 MG1100, but I settled on the Sunbeam Tiger instead. The stock 260cid was kind of a dog, but it had plenty of power to weight ration and a Muncie manual trans with a long gear axle... 70mph to get on the freeway in first gear. But the gearing was so long that I had to slip the clutch to come off a dead standstill.

Later models had an option to install a 290, but some adventurous souls adapted a Mustang GT Boss 302. That was fine, but I wasn't interest because of all the vent holes and electric fans needed due to the resultant undersized radiator and very close spacing in the engine compartment. (The 260 was close clearance enough, the rear sparkplugs had to be serviced thru the firewall.)

Not a supercar like Ura-Ki has but I got a lot of enjoyment out of it when I was young. I long for my old cars but they are not practical here.

We did have cool cars back in the day, they were light, fast, and good looking! Sadly, they didn't handle well, had dismal brakes, and almost no road feel! They went like hell in a strait line, but God help you if you ever needed to stop in a hurry! My 70 R/T Challenger is about the best of those cars, and as good as it is, it's still a 48 year old car with 1950 technology at its core! It's about as good as it's ever going to get, which isn't even close to today's cool stuff! Hell, my Durango SRT handles, accelerates, and stops 100 times better, and gets 28 miles per gallon!

Dad had a '69 Dodge Charger (Bullitt car). Oh it was nice but no road car for sure. He let me take it to school in my senior year, and he followed and busted me for smoking the tires... never got to drive that car again. But it was a lemon... dad went thru 3 warranteed engines before he gave up on it. :(

I'm probably lucky the Challenger was a wreck when I got it, so I couldn't drive it until well into the 2000s. And after blowing the first engine in the Alfa, I had to get a pickup! Then I got married and the wife needed a family car, so we got a 65 Dodge Fury wagon 383! Now that car was the best car EVER! Easy to work on, reliable as any, and would cruise all day at 65! In those days, just as safe as any other! I had to sell it after she passed away, too many memories!:(
Still, what a car!

Learned to drive in an Austin 850 (variant of the Mini). It was so simple (primitive) that inside door latches operated by pulling down a cable by hand and elbowing the door open. It was seriously underpowered and structurally dangerous - you could probably hit a dog and lose. But it was a fun little go-cart, unique for its time, and it served us well.

After my sister burned up the motor (hole in the oil pan) my fiercely loyal English father bought an Austin America, basically a 4-door Morris or MG rebadged for the US market, sporting 1100cc and automatic tranny. The word "lemon" is generous and overly complimentary. I was so scarred by the horrible characteristics of that steaming turd that it was 20+ more years before I allowed myself to trust anything without a clutch.

I still chuckle when I see a real (British) Mini, wondering how we made it fit a family of four, and long for simpler times.
I had a Simca back in the 70's.. when I was 16. Swapped, traded and bought cars like crazy back then.

300px-1973_Simca_1000_GL.jpg

Check out Project Binky.. nutso

Bad Obsession Motorsport

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR