JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Short Answer, NO! Best to open carry, and it's better anyway, you wanna be able to get to your pistol un encumbered by waders and gear! Besides, you don't wanna deal with fish and game or worse a Stater while Concealed carrying with out a carry permit, and it is legal to open carry, so that's it!

Honestly, I want to believe you, but I can't seem to find it...

I agree with the OC because I know I can't get anything bigger than a light out from under my waders... Get a CHL anyway, it's just good to have.

yes, you can.... see ORS 166.260(3)(b)

Correct.........

(3)Except for persons who are otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm under ORS 166.250 (Unlawful possession of firearms) (1)(c) or 166.270 (Possession of weapons by certain felons), ORS 166.250 (Unlawful possession of firearms) does not apply to or affect:

(a)Members of any club or organization, for the purpose of practicing shooting at targets upon the established target ranges, whether public or private, while such members are using any of the firearms referred to in ORS 166.250 (Unlawful possession of firearms) upon such target ranges, or while going to and from such ranges.

(b)Licensed hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going to or returning from a hunting or fishing expedition.

E

If many here dont know about it i wouldnt count on many LEO knowing about it either...
Its my understanding it doesnt include swinging by the store to grab X on the way home.... Becomes a huge grey area.

I figure it this way, If I have my waders on, then i'm prolly ok with my CC! Once the waders come off, i'm no longer under those protections! Prolly the best idea me thinks!

I'm with Koda, Constitutional carry is the best answer there is!:)

Here's the kicker, I found yesterday that if one does not make it to the intended shooting range this law does not apply to them. AKA, if you need to draw in self defense and never make it to the range you would have been illegally carrying. Same applies to fishing and hunting. The individual could have had all intention of performing the activity, but if they never actually get there this law is not applicable. That's what I found when I looked it up on the state legislature site.
Get a CHL, join the cool kids club.

Here's the kicker, I found yesterday that if one does not make it to the intended shooting range this law does not apply to them. AKA, if you need to draw in self defense and never make it to the range you would have been illegally carrying. Same applies to fishing and hunting. The individual could have had all intention of performing the activity, but if they never actually get there this law is not applicable. That's what I found when I looked it up on the state legislature site.
Get a CHL, join the cool kids club.

I dont know if I agree on the self defense example, but perhaps a better example is if say your vehicle breaks down and you end up getting a tow somewhere... Your now no longer fishing etc. and dont exactly want to leave your gun in the trunk when shipping it off to an autoshop.

I just figured that you're more likely to get scrutinized in the situation I supposed.
You're right, same deal, and you never know what will happen next.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews