JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why pistol AR is superior to registered SBR.

Don't have to think twice about hopping in the car with a bag and whether it is loaded or not.
As long as you have a CPL otherwise needs to be unloaded and put in your trunk or behind the seats in your pickup truck. I do have a canopy on my pickup truck but I just its a cab and half and there are small fold down seats in the back. I put my long guns unloaded when I go the range back there.

As long as you have a CPL otherwise needs to be unloaded and put in your trunk or behind the seats in your pickup truck. I do have a canopy on my pickup truck but I just its a cab and half and there are small fold down seats in the back. I put my long guns unloaded when I go the range back there.
My statement presumed people had a CPL, also can you point me to the RCW about it being required to be in the trunk if a person doesn't have a CPL?

The reason I say this is I am 100% confident based on my reading of RCW regarding gun laws that there is no such law, but if you could show it to me I'd be glad to learn what I don't know.

Current RCW says it must be unloaded (no ammo in gun) but if it has a detachable magazine that can be loaded as long as it isn't in the gun. So you can still legally roll around with them in the cab, regardless of CPL, shotgun, rifle, etc, as long as they aren't loaded. Keep it in your lap if you want, just not loaded unless it is a pistol and you have a CPL.

Last Edited:
This was one of the main reasons I wanted an AR pistol in pistol caliber. That I could carry it loaded in the vehicle here. Even when they take the brace's away from us I will keep at least a couple of these. With very little practice I found using a sling and the buffer they are still VERY easy to shoot far better than a "standard" handgun for me.

This was one of the main reasons I wanted an AR pistol in pistol caliber. That I could carry it loaded in the vehicle here. Even when they take the brace's away from us I will keep at least a couple of these. With very little practice I found using a sling and the buffer they are still VERY easy to shoot far better than a "standard" handgun for me.
Why not .223 or .300 blk which both have far superior energy on impact even with a 10.5 barrel?

Why not .223 or .300 blk which both have far superior energy on impact even with a 10.5 barrel?
For me? Couple reasons. 1 in .223 these things are like standing next to a damn cannon going off at the indoor range. The first time I had a guy in the lane next to me shooting one it was almost painful to me with plugs and muffs on. I thought he was shooting some hand cannon until I noticed the brass. I can not imagine what one would sound like in the house with nothing.
Also for me its a fun and cheap factor. I will often burn a few hundred rounds at a session at the range with mine. Damn thing is just too much fun. Now if I had to do this with factory ammo in a larger caliber? Or roll the stuff to not burn factory? I would not be doing this. While the 9mm out of a 7 inch tube is of course FAR from an ideal "stopper" I can easily dump a mag on paper, and stay on paper, firing so fast I would probably have the range master frowning at me if I was not there alone when doing it and they know me. So if I have to use one of these to defend myself I can mitigate the low power ammo with easy multiple hits to the dobad. Now I have nothing against those who want one of these in a larger caliber. I am just a happy camper with one in 9. One of these days I do VERY much want to put one together in 10mm. Just have not taken the time to do it yet. :D

For me? Couple reasons. 1 in .223 these things are like standing next to a damn cannon going off at the indoor range. The first time I had a guy in the lane next to me shooting one it was almost painful to me with plugs and muffs on. I thought he was shooting some hand cannon until I noticed the brass. I can not imagine what one would sound like in the house with nothing.
Also for me its a fun and cheap factor. I will often burn a few hundred rounds at a session at the range with mine. Damn thing is just too much fun. Now if I had to do this with factory ammo in a larger caliber? Or roll the stuff to not burn factory? I would not be doing this. While the 9mm out of a 7 inch tube is of course FAR from an ideal "stopper" I can easily dump a mag on paper, and stay on paper, firing so fast I would probably have the range master frowning at me if I was not there alone when doing it and they know me. So if I have to use one of these to defend myself I can mitigate the low power ammo with easy multiple hits to the dobad. Now I have nothing against those who want one of these in a larger caliber. I am just a happy camper with one in 9. One of these days I do VERY much want to put one together in 10mm. Just have not taken the time to do it yet. :D
Makes sense, when they are put in the right place it really doesn't matter anyway.

You're right about the loudness factor. I don't often think about that because I don't shoot indoors, but since I always carry a Glock, the extra AR pistol for occasional trips is more of a "things have gotten really bad and I'm happy I packed more than 1 pistol," situation.

Bought my Extar EP9 with just that purpose in mind. Cheap 9mm braced pistol
that I could just toss under the seat loaded. Turned out to be a fun little
gun that's 100% reliable.

It doesn't have to be a pistol caliber to be a pistol legally. Plus there's the 22lr dilemma of having rifle in its name yet being fired by pistols.

It doesn't have to be a pistol caliber to be a pistol legally. Plus there's the 22lr dilemma of having rifle in its name yet being fired by pistols.
Thats not what we are talking about here. Caliber has zero to due with the law in WA state. Here to when you get a permit to carry its called a Concealed Pistol License. So with it the person can carry any "hand gun" concealed and loaded. To carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle here it has to be a hand gun. My choice of the AR pistol in 9mm had nothing to due with carry. I just like them. Building one that is legally considered a hand gun means I can carry it in my vehicle with my permit. That was a big plus to something that was a hell of a lot of fun and a great house gun. I have a lot of .22 LR firearms. The ones that are legally a hand gun I can carry loaded if I wish. The ones that are a long gun, does not matter that they use .22LR ammo, they are a long gun and fall under the laws of long guns. Law here does not care what the caliber is.
Many have AR pistols in what are more common to see in a rifle, like .223 or 300 BO. One of those if its built or sold as a pistol can of course be carried by someone with a CPL here. These do not appeal to me as the first time you get to shoot one the muzzle blast coming from a short tube is amazing. I would not want to have to set one off in a house without protection for the ears. :eek:

Doesn't everyone carry 2 guns? Since I got it and it's winter I slip my model 49 bodyguard in my pocket ( of my field jacket ) and carry my sig p229 on my hip. Being able to slide my hand into my pocket and feel the confidence of that little revolver is very comforting. Being able to shoot in the pocket is too cool. I couldn't clear my holster faster than I can get that into play.

I have an AR pistol in .300 BO. I don't give a single thought about how loud it is going to be in a life-or-death situation because it just does not matter.

I'd rather end up DEAF than DEAD.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads